Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

cheers for that, am currently writing out some notes on how to handle difficult people etc so quite apt!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Hi All,

Thank you for all the tips had my interview this morning and really was identical to Domscard:),as I have had a bit of experience in training they focused a bit on that and also the recruitment of "your team".
    Thanks again for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ainewade

Domscard wrote: »
    I saved the Candidate Information Booklet in Pdf - PM me your email and I'll send it to you :)
    Wud be sooo grateful if you could forward me copy of CSO field supervisor spec. Thought I had copy saved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

ainewade wrote: »
    Wud be sooo grateful if you could forward me copy of CSO field supervisor spec. Thought I had copy saved...
    No problem. You will need to PM me an email address :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

They also ask how familiar you are with and can you use Microsoft Word and Excel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Shamrock128

For those looking for the Field Supervisors handbook, it is still on the CSO's web site:

http://www.cso.ie/census/documents/FS_Information_Booklet.pdf

Good luck...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lou15e

Great advice and help
    Best of luck to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

For those looking for the Field Supervisors handbook, it is still on the CSO's web site:

http://www.cso.ie/census/documents/FS_Information_Booklet.pdf

Good luck...:)

Just to repeat this helpful post by Shamrock so that people can find the FS booklet online. I've been getting a lot of requests via PM for me to send it on, but many people are forgetting to give me their email address. This is the direct route for those who need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Just back from the interview, pretty much the same questions as asked earlier just in 3 stages as there was 3 interviewers. First part was analyzing my application form and the positions I held. Next part was my experience in recruiting and how my approach to it was, and then the last part was my knowledge of the field supervisors position and the census in general.

Remember at the end to bring your Passport and Driving license originals and not photocopies and then you have to take a picture. Overall the process seems fairly clinical but that's probably down to the interviewers apathy setting in after doing this for the past week and still 3 more days left.I was ready for a lot more questions.

Thanks for people posting before about their previous experience.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seanie63

When have those who have been interviewed been told they will hear back from them with a decision, and how do you think we will be notified? I was told it would be probably the second week of December.

Best of luck to all who have yet to have their interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Mid December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 osaka

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience or information on the enumerator jobs?

Are they being advertised on 29th of December? What is the procedure for these? Interviews etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

osaka wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience or information on the enumerator jobs?

Are they being advertised on 29th of December? What is the procedure for these? Interviews etc?

Thanks

They will be advertised on 29th December, with probably a week to apply online. Interviews will be held towards the end of January/beginning of February, the people who are successful in these jobs will be doing the interviews for the enumerators.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 narky

Dymo wrote: »
    Just back from the interview, pretty much the same questions as asked earlier just in 3 stages as there was 3 interviewers. First part was analyzing my application form and the positions I held. Next part was my experience in recruiting and how my approach to it was, and then the last part was my knowledge of the field supervisors position and the census in general.

Best of luck.

I had my interview today and it was exactly like this. It felt as though they were just going through the motions but I suppose it's to be expected after nearly two weeks of it. The questions asked were all along the lines of what has been posted previously.

Thanks for everyones help and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

back from my interview, nothing new to report, same as everyone else but just wanted to express my thanks to all who gave out info, very useful.
    i answered all the questions as best as i could, i didn't come away thinking yes i have this or anything.
    feel a bit deflated after it tbh but that's i suppose because i built it up into something more than it was. having been out of the workforce for so long i guess....
    sorry for the longwindedness!!!!

Has anybody received anything since their interview or had notification of whether they were successful or not? Just heard on the news that the CSO have created jobs so thought it was an indication

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy Houlihan

yes i got my letter today i have to report for business at the end for the month for a six month contact happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

I've heard nothing yet so presumably that's a no for me. They'll probably notify those that were successful first.

Still clinging to a tiny bit of hope. Best of luck to all.

Only joking not a word here yet they said it would be al least another week before we hear any thing official.:eek:

yes i got my letter today i have to report for business at the end for the month for a six month contact happy days:)
    Thats great Paddy well done to you. Jonny, im holding on to the hope that its the weather that is slowing down the post getting to me!!! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Only joking not a word here yet they said it would be al least another week before we hear any thing official.:eek:
    Oh Paddy your an awful yolk! Lol I was getting very disheartened there :rolleyes:

Got me!!

Beware of bad karma Seanie.

I just emailed one of my old bosses to see if he was contacted about a reference. If no, I reckon that's it.

Meant to snow again soon. Madness!

to be honest johnny in the public service they will offer you the position first and then check out your ref afterwards i know its a bit backword but i think thats the way they will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

I didnt hear anything yet my interview was on the th November.Hope they send the letters soon:)

JonnyK wrote: »
    Beware of bad karma Seanie.

I just emailed one of my old bosses to see if he was contacted about a reference. If no, I reckon that's it.

Meant to snow again soon. Madness!
    Bad karma? Don't understand.

Hopefully we'll get to hear soon enough , hate waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmcopt1

Im expecting a Yea or Nay this week
    or even Next week at the latest

Still praying with my fingers crosses

If not I will have to get elected to the Dail thats the only place where its warm cosy and well paid

Utopia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mmcopt1

Im expecting a Yea or Nay this week
    or even Next week at the latest

Still praying with my fingers crosses

If not I will have to get elected to the Dail thats the only place where its warm cosy and well paid

Utopia

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shamrock128

I'm pretty sure they said at the interview that we would be contacted on the 16th of December.

Was anybody else told this or have I dreamt this :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 narky

I was just told I'd hear something by mid-December, no specific date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement