Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DoloresR

candylips wrote: »
    calm down and take a deep breathe - thats better, firstly if you already have your work phone from cso, he has a right to give that number out to others - if not i think its unlikely a fs would give out other peoples personal phone numbers - His reasons for giving you the other enumerators numbers is that you are now a member of a team, and while you have a particular EA that you are soley responsible for, you have to remember that it will border other EA's and subsequently you will need to make contact with the enumerators in those areas specifically when unsure if a D Number is in your area. To those reading this who have not started there training apologies - all of it may sound a bit gobbledegook till you begin the training process :cool: And Dolores - is making friends so awful - this job can be a rewarding experience its why some people apply every 5 years.

Thanks for the advise, but he gave me the home address and the personal contact numbers (house & mobile) of another enumerator in my estate (and told me to make myself known to him!!!). I really do not want my personal mobile or house number given out to anybody that i dont know. I am aware that there will be contact, but on mobile number given to us... jesus, my colleagues in work dont even have my personal numbers, i deffo dont want strangers having them.
    As for making friends, making friends is not awful, but i will pick and choose, and tbh, i dont have the time for my old friends, deffo dont have time for new ones :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Trophywife

CSO provide enumerators with a nokia smartphone to do the job and there's an option to keep it at the end free of charge or else you can give it back and it's donated to charity!! Wohoo....new phone!! :)

Huntington wrote: »
    It's 100euro every week, into your bank account, and then a lump sum at the end, not sure how long we'll be waiting for that.
    the car allowance for urban areas is a fixed sum of 294euro

I'm in a small town and I'm getting 362 euro travel allowance. FS said i will hardly need to drive at all as i'll be able to walk as everything is so close. Really happy with my area, I could even leave the car at home as I live in the town....

Looking forward to some fresh air and exercise!! Get in shape for the summer!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 candylips

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Ah I wasn't suggesting waiting until the 9th, that would be stupid, it's just that if you give people a month to lose forms, a percentage undoubtedly will, just another pain in the butt when going out to collect.

No offence but the main prob with your suggestion is that its not the job discription to worry about what the householder does with the form the job is deliver and collect and clearly if it were the case that high percentages loose the form if they are delivered too early - the cso would have made other provisions to cover their ass - best to just stick with the programme - they can always provide other forms if lost!!
    :cool:

DoloresR wrote: »
    Thanks for the advise, but he gave me the home address and the personal contact numbers (house & mobile) of another enumerator in my estate (and told me to make myself known to him!!!). I really do not want my personal mobile or house number given out to anybody that i dont know. I am aware that there will be contact, but on mobile number given to us... jesus, my colleagues in work dont even have my personal numbers, i deffo dont want strangers having them.
    As for making friends, making friends is not awful, but i will pick and choose, and tbh, i dont have the time for my old friends, deffo dont have time for new ones :rolleyes:.

If its the case that the fs gave you personal phone numbers and addresses of other enumerators i would seriously consider speaking to the regional supervisor of your area - this i believe would be a serious breach of the Fs's authority.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

If its the case that the fs gave you personal phone numbers and addresses of other enumerators i would seriously consider speaking to the regional supervisor of your area - this i believe would be a serious breach of the Fs's authority.:cool:

each garda station is provided with a full list of names, addresses and contact numbers of all enumerators in their district - just for your info!

Trophywife wrote: »
    CSO provide enumerators with a nokia smartphone to do the job and there's an option to keep it at the end free of charge or else you can give it back and it's donated to charity!! Wohoo....new phone!! :)

who said that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 DoloresR

I don't mind that the gardai have my name, number etc, I do however mind my fs giving them to people in my estate that I dint know! Does anybody know how I could get contact details of my fs supervisor?? This is something that has really annoyed me!

I don't mind that the gardai have my name, number etc, I do however mind my fs giving them to people in my estate that I dint know! Does anybody know how I could get contact details of my fs supervisor?? This is something that has really annoyed me!

agreed, no excuse from your FS should be sufficient

WilcoOut wrote: »
    who said that!?

Its in the training manual. Just read through it this weekend. Its in appendix about using the mobile phone at the back of it.

• Advertisement

well its true you do get to keep the phone - however pretty sure its a nokia 3230 not a smartphone:rolleyes:

I'm in a small town and I'm getting 362 euro travel allowance. FS said i will hardly need to drive at all as i'll be able to walk as everything is so close. Really happy with my area, I could even leave the car at home as I live in the town....

Looking forward to some fresh air and exercise!! Get in shape for the summer!! :)

mmmm perhaps when you have carried the bag with at least 30 forms in for any duration of time you may feel a little more like having the car with you:rolleyes:

mmmm perhaps when you have carried the bag with at least 30 forms in for any duration of time you may feel a little more like having the car with you:rolleyes:

I live in the town, I'll go back to the house for more! :)

well its true you do get to keep the phone - however pretty sure its a nokia 3230 not a smartphone:rolleyes:

I looked up the pic on O2 website and pretty sure it is a smartphone...sure the daily feedback texts are sent through an app...has to be a smartphone!!:P

WilcoOut wrote: »
    each garda station is provided with a full list of names, addresses and contact numbers of all enumerators in their district - just for your info!

Thanks im completely aware of the info - however im also pretty sure they are given names and addresses and cso numbers - in any case the main gist of dolores quiery was regarding her personal numbers and address being given to other people namely enumerators without her permission - this is without question not part of the madate - after all its still possible for people to pull out of the role and at this stage they have not signed the official secrecy and confidentiality documents.:cool:

The best way to get in contact with a regional supervisor is to contact cso recruitment section - tell them your region number or county number and EA and ask for the number of the regional office - good luck :) pretty sure numbers are available on the cso website. If all else fails ask the FS for the number - you dont need to explain why you want it, just say its confidential.:cool:

I looked up the pic on O2 website and pretty sure it is a smartphone...sure the daily feedback texts are sent through an app...has to be a smartphone!!:P
    Well its called a nokia 2330 classic and the sms application is a cso design in conjuction with 02 - but if that phone is also called a smartphone then i stand corrected :D however it doesnt say it on the box!!

Well its called a nokia 2330 classic and the sms application is a cso design in conjuction with 02 - but if that phone is also called a smartphone then i stand corrected :D however it doesnt say it on the box!!

Well I presumed it was a smartphone as it said in manual that an special app has to be downloaded for daily texts. Maybe not then. You have your phone already?? or are you a field supervisor?

Well I presumed it was a smartphone as it said in manual that an special app has to be downloaded for daily texts. Maybe not then. You have your phone already?? or are you a field supervisor?

gosh what a suggestion:cool: sssshhhhhh

gosh what a suggestion:cool: sssshhhhhh

Whatever!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Whatever!!:rolleyes:

nah i just got my box delivered by supervisor last night - but i have done the job befor lol, sorry if i rubbed you up the wrong way :o

nah i just got my box delivered by supervisor last night - but i have done the job befor lol, sorry if i rubbed you up the wrong way :o

I just don't like people being smart asses when I ask them a genuine question...but you answered...eventually!!

I just don't like people being smart asses when I ask them a genuine question...but you answered...eventually!!

I was only having a laugh - wasnt meant to be at your expense thought you would join me and maybe we would carry it on a while - realised you were pissed with me. - anyways good luck with the job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

FS just called with boxes and sh1t, and a package containing a brand new Iphone 3gs 8gb* Yahfcukinhooooooooo! With an O2 sim.
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

*I jest.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    FS just called with boxes and sh1t, and a package containing a brand new Iphone 3gs 8gb* Yahfcukinhooooooooo! With an O2 sim.
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

*I jest.......:(

Just as well. I'm still holding out for an iPhone 4. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CaseyBabes

My FS delivered my two boxes last week. I only opened them up yesterday to have a flick through the manual in advance of training. I have the enumerator's book which lists all the dwellings I have to visit and reference is made to my map but there certainly isn't a map included in my box, I've looked everywhere. Will obviously ask the question at training tomorrow but just wondering should I have received it by now? See some of you have got your phones already which I haven't, so maybe each FS just does it differently? Just hoping my map hasn 't gone missing, although my boxes were in a locked room since delivery so they certainly weren't removed.

CaseyBabes wrote: »
    My FS delivered my two boxes last week. I only opened them up yesterday to have a flick through the manual in advance of training. I have the enumerator's book which lists all the dwellings I have to visit and reference is made to my map but there certainly isn't a map included in my box, I've looked everywhere. Will obviously ask the question at training tomorrow but just wondering should I have received it by now? See some of you have got your phones already which I haven't, so maybe each FS just does it differently? Just hoping my map hasn 't gone missing, although my boxes were in a locked room since delivery so they certainly weren't removed.

I havent got anything yet, only the manual which we were told to look over before the training days. I'd say I'll be getting eveything over the next couple of days. Your FS may be keeping your map to go through it with you as they help plan your route. All will be revealed tomorrow!! :)

I was only having a laugh - wasnt meant to be at your expense thought you would join me and maybe we would carry it on a while - realised you were pissed with me. - anyways good luck with the job. :)

Ok ur grand...was in a bit of a mood last night!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 countrymary

Not at all. Thanks for your help. I was amused that the letter was so obtuse...like WTF? On a panel of "successful applicants" but you didn't get the gig. Jesus, public service speak in the extreme.
    Just wondering what I did wrong at interview though. Considering there were thousands of posts, how bad was I (and my two friends) that we didn't get in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

CaseyBabes wrote: »

mine didn't have a map either, I am presuming we will get it at training perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement