Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seanie63

Do any of you mind me asking where you did your interview, just wondering if we will all hear at the same time or will different areas hear at different times. Also people in different areas may have been given specific dates. I was just told mid December also .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Looks like it will be towards the end of next week, if not the following week, before people are notified. I'd imagine that different areas might be advising at different times but I'd doubt that there will be any significant timegap between the areas.

Gosh I hope its soon rather than later , as in , hope its not Christmas week we find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Anyone know the process they go through after the interview? Is it a case that at the end of the interview they add up your marks and then wait till all the interviews are completed and see who's scored the highest amount of marks and offer them the places or is it done on geographical place setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

Hey all,

Was told mid December too. My interview was Wicklow town. Would say we'll hear sometime next week.

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    Anyone know the process they go through after the interview? Is it a case that at the end of the interview they add up your marks and then wait till all the interviews are completed and see who's scored the highest amount of marks and offer them the places or is it done on geographical place setting.

It'a a combination Dymo, you're marked initially but the geographical location (don't know how close you need to be to your allocated area, but they will want to try to avoid paying travelling expenses) then comes into it, so you could have done very well at the interview but not get it because of your location, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

narky wrote: »
    I was just told I'd hear something by mid-December, no specific date.

well I was told the same at interview that It would be mid December before I would hear anything. This is the 13th so what they call mid dec I dont know. wasnt told how we would be notified if it would be letter or by phone.

would be nice xmas present to be told you had a job mid january even it it is only for a few months.

I live in hopes

just want to know has anyone gone for C E Supervisor interviews and what you think of them, most advertisments have the need to have supervisory management experience and the good knowledge of the fas criteria around the scheme etc, but although you have all that and qualifications to add. you may still be the one getting the thanks but no thanks letter.while someone with no experience etc gets the job.

I would be interested in peoples general views etc on these positions and has anyone applied for some recently :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shamrock128

Just got a letter saying I "have been placed on a panel for my area from which successful candidates will be appointed shortly".

The rest of the letter talks about the numbers of applicants and states that the CSO cannot enter into further correspondence due to the numbers involved. They then go on to advertise the 5,000 enumerator positions.

So overall I'm not sure if I've done well or have received a "nice" PFO. :confused:

Anybody else hear anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

I did this the in 2006 and to be hosnest it wasnt worth the hassle.... Not after the tax man has his share

• Advertisement

Just got a letter saying I "have been placed on a panel for my area from which successful candidates will be appointed shortly".

The rest of the letter talks about the numbers of applicants and states that the CSO cannot enter into further correspondence due to the numbers involved. They then go on to advertise the 5,000 enumerator positions.

So overall I'm not sure if I've done well or have received a "nice" PFO. :confused:

I havent received a letter so maybe its good news.
    its hard to know with the panel thing we may wait and see whats the verdict but they surely would let us know one way or another. but these days its hard to know. I have attended a lot of interviews in the past few months I am on that many panels and number 1 should the position become available in the next 6 months etc, personally I dont have faith in them but thats just me and my thinking.

good luck everyone who had an interview.

I would suspect that this means that you are not one of the initial appointees, but if somebody doesn't take up the offer you are still in with a chance, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. At least you got onto the panel.

tarahill wrote: »
    I havent received a letter so maybe its good news.
    its hard to know with the panel thing we may wait and see whats the verdict but they surely would let us know one way or another. but these days its hard to know. I have attended a lot of interviews in the past few months I am on that many panels and number 1 should the position become available in the next 6 months etc, personally I dont have faith in them but thats just me and my thinking.

good luck everyone who had an interview.

Could be good news alright, should have a call by Friday I reckon if you're in, not sure if they've sent out the rejection letters yet.

Hey all,

I got letter stating I'm on panel too. It states 'you have been placed on a panel for your area from which successful candidates will be offered an appointment shortly'.

I'm not sure how big panel is but am sort of thinking they will contact referees now and make decisions based on their feedback. That's purely speculation on my part though.

Hope everyone else gets some good news - we could all do with it.

Best of luck everyone.

PS - If anyone can shed further insight into the meaning of the panel letters, can they let us know? Would be interested if anyone has been offered the position outright.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 narky

I got the same letter, on a panel where the appointees will come from. Its hard to know if its good or bad news, personally I'd just like to know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sby

Same letter received here, suspense is killing me at this stage.

I guess we're just going to have to sit tight for another few days at least.

Hope we hear one way or the other by next week.

I havent heard anything either, im going with the idea "no news is good news" at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

yes i got that panel letter too. talk about dragging it out.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rmacd

Folks, I think that CSO have written to their preferred candidates offering contracts. Contracts may be offered to some of the panel should the preferred candidates not take up offer of employment. Dont know for certain if this is the case, but have spoken to a couple of people with experience in this area and that is how they said it should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Thedogsgone

rmacd wrote: »
    Folks, I think that CSO have written to their preferred candidates offering contracts. Contracts may be offered to some of the panel should the preferred candidates not take up offer of employment. Dont know for certain if this is the case, but have spoken to a couple of people with experience in this area and that is how they said it should work.

The CSO have their own way of doing things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

"have been placed on a panel for my area from which successful candidates will be appointed shortly".

I'm translating that as they have the panel where they are going to appoint people from, but have just not appointed them yet. I haven't got my post today yet, but hoping

EDIT. Just got the letter, same as everyone else so far, I'm on the panel, they will let people know in the next 2 weeks. So possibly it's to check references and the like.
    You have been placed on a panel for your area from which successful candidates will be offered an appointment shortly. If you do not receive an offer within the next 2 weeks, you will remain on the panel for consideration should further vacancies for Field Supervisors arise in your area in the course of 2011 census of the population

So should the people who have not received letters still be hopeful? Or should be just take it that that is it for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

seanie i reckon you have got the job tbh. don't think they would just ignore ye so they sent us the letter 1st - dunno really . but it sounds like a lot of people willl be on the panel just depends on where on the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 campbellu

rmacd wrote: »

Folks just came across this thread yesterday and received my letter today-I believe what the letter actually says is "if you do not receive an offer within the next two weeks" (not likely)..and you will only be contacted again if the people who have been offered contracts do not take them.
    In my experience letters like this would be worded like you have not been successful, however you are placed 10th on the panel and if vacancies arise etc etc...
    I do not think they would send this letter to the successful candidates and then in a few days time send them another offering them contracts. Sorry-if I am proved wrong and any of you get a successful letter in the next few days I will be very pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 schmann

Got the same letter today. Here's what i think, I think that because so many people asked when would we know something they thought they better send out a letter but I think that they have just not whittled it down to the actual appointees yet, this is based on the fact the no-one seems to have got an actual job offer and they said about the large number of applicants. however I may be totally wrong..... it is a very confusing letter....

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

I got the same letter too I'm so disappointed:confused:.

alexsmum wrote: »
    seanie i reckon you have got the job tbh. don't think they would just ignore ye so they sent us the letter 1st - dunno really . but it sounds like a lot of people willl be on the panel just depends on where on the list...
    I hope your right Alexsmum, though in my experience, (I have been an interviewer on many an occasion though not on the same scale as this), we would have always sent out the regret letters first. Not that of course is not to say that is the way the CSO have done it.

Gosh you would think they would send out all the letters on the one day instead of making us sweat like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yeah, I reckon the people who got the letter are on the panel but the successful candidates will be forwarded their contracts soon if they don't accept them in the next 2 weeks then you might have a shot if not then your still a substitute .

• Advertisement

All very confusing lads,

Surely they can't put everyone who didn't get in straight away on the panel. I would have thought some people got letters stating they were unsuccessful, others on panel then some who were successful.

It seems they have only sent letters out to people on panel and none for other two. Odd!

And would they not send out all letters on same day? Then they know those who don't take up position quickly and move onto those on panel.

Makes little sense to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement