Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sinead84

I'm pretty sure Tarahill said yesterday that she hadn't received a letter..unless that changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 schmann

Ok lads I just rang them to try and clear it up once and for all. Here's what they said - Everyone who was successful at interview stage has been put on the panel, those who scored highly in the interview will be offered the job first,if that person doesn't take it they will move on to the next person, this will happen in the coming days, so if you got the 'panel' letter you are still in with a chance, we just have to sit tight for another few days. No one has been appointed yet.

schmann wrote: »
    Ok lads I just rang them to try and clear it up once and for all. Here's what they said - Everyone who was successful at interview stage has been put on the panel, those who scored highly in the interview will be offered the job first,if that person doesn't take it they will move on to the next person, this will happen in the coming days, so if you got the 'panel' letter you are still in with a chance, we just have to sit tight for another few days. No one has been appointed yet.

That's good news, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

Sinead84 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tarahill said yesterday that she hadn't received a letter..unless that changed?

My letter only came yesterday evening, as we live in the sticks our post is always late.

I did think like others that the letter was a nice way of saying thanks but no thanks.

the call i got was at half 3 today so fingers crossed for you all,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 narky

Congrats Tarahill.

Hopefully there'll be good news for the rest of us on here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 schmann

Well done Tarahill, looks like we will all know our fate shortly.....

tarahill wrote: »
    My letter only came yesterday evening, as we live in the sticks our post is always late.

I did think like others that the letter was a nice way of saying thanks but no thanks.

the call i got was at half 3 today so fingers crossed for you all,;)

Aw cool, congrats to you!! well done!

I really hope its good news for you all. I know the call has made me very happy I know its only 6 months but at least its work. and will give us all a bit of time to keep looking, and the experience will be good too.

good luck everyone

hope to see more posts saying I got it soon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seanie63

Well done Tarahill, delighted to hear that they have started making calls. It gives the rest of us hope that received letters, that we may still get a call, fingers crossed. Just to clarify, you did get a "panel" letter? Congrats to you

seanie63 wrote: »
    Well done Tarahill, delighted to hear that they have started making calls. It gives the rest of us hope that received letters, that we may still get a call, fingers crossed. Just to clarify, you did get a "panel" letter? Congrats to you

I got my letter on wednesday pm our post is always delivered late in the evening

I was afraid when I read all your posts about a letter yesterday am as I though I was out.

I was quiet surprised this evening when I got the call.

they will surely have to go region by region and they probably will have to wait for people to say if they are taking the job or not so it will probably take a while to get it all sorted.

my fingers are crossed for everyone, GOOD LUCK.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply and well done again!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Thats great news thanks to everyone all the info is great.I'll let you know if I get the call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

ya thanks from me too. everybody has been really helpful and informative.
    fingers crossed.
    better charge up the phone tonight;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sby

Well has anyone else gotten phonecalls. Any phonecalls I'm getting are being dealt with very quick in case a call comes through lol.

Im the same Sby, havent heard anything yet, i keep checking my phone, in case the volume is turned down for some strange reason lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Nothing here either - I wonder what area tarahill is in? Maybe the Regional Manager there is ahead of the posse? With the snow and ice we have here (not to mention ungritted roads due to lack of salt) I bet our RM is in hibernation :(

LOl agreed Domscard, though would be interesting to know what area Tarahill is in

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

Morning all,

Like everyone else, no news and both phones are charging!

I even re-checked application to make sure I had given correct phone number!

All this for a 6-month contract - how times have changed.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

Am taking a wild stab but maybe TaraHill is based in Meath (clue is in the mythical name!!).

Fingers crossed we get good news.

Lol :D Maybe you should become a detective, JonnyK. I'm thinking the Pale alright too or further south? I think the snow is getting to me - or maybe just the wait for news ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

very good observation jonnyk:D

still no new in lucan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I'll take for the moment that no news is good news:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shamrock128

I'm in Dublin 12 - No news here either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

I'm in Rathvilly, Carlow - a lovely village located on the Carlow/Wicklow border but no use to anyone when the snow comes down - may as well be living in Alaska.

East Donegal here - and almost total white-out :( I DEFINITELY could be in Alaska from the view outside my window.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 stiofandebrun

I worked in the previous census as an enumerator and had an awful experience.

I was given an area in North Dublin City and it was very difficult to get the job done and ended up spending days and days trying to chase people up. The field supervisors put alot of pressure on you.

An example of what I mean:

The area that I was assigned was populated with apartment blocks. This posed many difficulties -

-Trying to get into the building itself
    -People not opening doors as they think you are an immigration official
    -People not being at home - EVER!

It would be much easier if you got a housing estate where more than likely people will be at home in the evenings and not wary about people calling to the door.

was trying to get forms to people right up to Census night, and that was calling at certain doors over 5 times, it can be really difficult. I also had a homeless hostel which was a different bag of tricks altogether!

Good luck be be warned and try and get an easy area!

seanie63 wrote: »
    LOl agreed Domscard, though would be interesting to know what area Tarahill is in

hello all

any news yet been reading your posts

I got the call at half 3 yesterday

I am in the midlands longford/ westmeath area,

GOD I am watching the site waiting to see has one of you got the call yet

fingers still crossed for you all :)

tarahill wrote: »
    hello all

any news yet been reading your posts

I got the call at half 3 yesterday

I am in the midlands longford/ westmeath area,

GOD I am watching the site waiting to see has one of you got the call yet

fingers still crossed for you all :)

Looks like you're the only one chosen, tarahill. It must be the recession and cut-backs - you're going to have to cover the whole country now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bud6

hi all
    i am also a receiver of this panel letter and have heard nothing either. My phone hasn't left my hand since i read about tarahill receiving the call - i'm in Offaly and had my interview in Mullingar. Good luck to everyone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

also received the letter but no call so far, based in navan and had interview in Trim

• Advertisement

I was interviewed in Mullingar as well on the 18th November, havent a clue why its taking them so long to ring he told me that we would be starting on the 10th jan with 3 training days that will be probably Mullingar based, thats all i know and that they would be in touch before that.

keep the posts coming, I hope ye all hear something soon.
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement