Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I reckon Little A almost certainly has one of these jobs in the bag, she (I'm assuming it's she given the painful child bearing comment) has done it already, and if she had made a balls of it previously she wouldn't get within an asses roar of getting on the now infamous 'panel', so it makes sense that she gets one.

Cute Hoor (love the name) nothing is guarenteed with CSO.

They have strange ways of doing things....all to do with what marks you get and areas where you live.

We interviewed some amazing people last time who did not get the job & then I ended up with one person who we had marked quite low.

Best of luck to all of you, hope the phone rings soon, I'd rather not have to wait over the weekend. If I were them (regional manager), I'd have my list called within an hour of getting it. It's in their interest to get their team onboard as soon as possible.

Wishing good things for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bud6

tarahill wrote: »
    I was interviewed in Mullingar as well on the 18th November, havent a clue why its taking them so long to ring he told me that we would be starting on the 10th jan with 3 training days that will be probably Mullingar based, thats all i know and that they would be in touch before that.

keep the posts coming, I hope ye all hear something soon.
    :rolleyes:

thanks tarahill, was it one of the interview panel who called you about the offer?

we would be starting on the 10th jan with 3 training days that will be probably Mullingar based,

3 days....great. Last time it was 5 days which I thought was too dragged out. Mind you, there was 1 full day dedicated to filling in expense forms!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Like I Said

I was interviewed in Mullingar as well on the 18th November, havent a clue why its taking them so long to ring he told me that we would be starting on the 10th jan with 3 training days that will be probably Mullingar based, thats all i know and that they would be in touch before that.

keep the posts coming, I hope ye all hear something soon.

Hi All
    I got the same Panel Letter yesterday.
    Tarahill, Can I ask you? Do You know if they contacted your referee's in advance of phoning you? I have contacted my referee's and they have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seanie63

Does anybody think we'll get phonecalls over the weekend? Bit strange out of all of us on this forum only one person has received a call. I, like the rest of you, am watching my phone like a hawk and every time it rings my heart starts pounding lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

Hey Seanie,

It's quite late now, doubtful if we'll get a call before 5.

There's not a hope of getting any calls during the weekend. I've never known anyone from the Civil Service to work weekends!

Maybe we're lower on the list and others beyond this forum have been contacted but I doubt that as well.

Nothing about the selection process has been straightforward thus far, seems nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tarahill

Hi All
    I got the same Panel Letter yesterday.
    Tarahill, Can I ask you? Do You know if they contacted your referee's in advance of phoning you? I have contacted my referee's and they have heard nothing.

I havent a clue if they did contact my referees or not, as for was it one of the panel that interviewed me rang? again i cant remember their names I done 3 interviews that week so met a few panels cant remember them all. the other 2 interviews never even sent a no thanks letter I had to chase them for it, one made me laugh the minute I said why I was rining them I got "would you believe they are just making their decision today" that was 2 weeks after interview do they really think people are that stupid.got the no thanks letter next day by post.Im worried now why am I the only one that has got a call? ha ha am I going to be the face of CENSUS 2011 ( sorry I do have a mad scence of Humour) come on cant wait to see I got a call on one of your posts.

Your defo the face of Census 2011 Tarahill ha ha! Your the special one.

Jonny I think your right but just had to ask anyway , oh god i hate waiting, I am usually a patient person but this is driving me bonkers now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I think it's a no-brainer that this is it until Monday at the earliest :( I suspect/think that the regional managers are making the calls - it makes sense - so maybe the rest aren't quite ready yet?
    In places that are snowed in/about to be snowed in, it's possible that it will be even later than Monday. Donegal is nearly at a standstill now. I've never seen so much snow - I feel like I'm living in a snowglobe. It's piling up at my window and I may never get out to do the census job, even if I'm successful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Hi, I did my interview in Mullingar just like Tarahill got the panel letter so I'm not hopeful about getting the call I'd have thought they'd have all the calls done by now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Same here, jumping up every time the phone rings but still no call. Its going to be next week now. Reasuring that most people here are in the same boat. Surly there more than 1 person on this thread that will be offered the place.

JonnyK wrote: »
    Hey Seanie,

I've never known anyone from the Civil Service to work weekends!

Jonny - hate to break it to you, but if you get the job, you will be working weekends....Saturdays and Sunday, especially close to Census Day & final collection day!!

But the Regional Managers job is far more 9-5 (main reason I didn't go for it), so I reckon it will be Monday before we hear of anyone else getting a call.

I had all my enumerors called within an hour of getting my list, confirmed who was still interested in the job and had their contracts posted that evening. It's in their interest to confirm their listings asap. I doubt the snow would affect things too much, as they seem to have moved a step closer to modern time and much of the communication is electronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

I think what you should all remember is that there are 440 positions to be filled nationwide which would take some time to get round to contacting everyone.
    Also if a few 1st preferences decided they do not want the job then that means further calls.
    Having spoke to a friend of mine who received a call today she said that it was someone in Dublin that phoned her and she lives in Donegal so i presume its fair to say that its the CSO who are making the calls and probably just a few members of staff who are doing so.

If you haven't had a call by this evening i would think that by Tuesday all positions will have been filled.
    However,i would not despair as there is a very good chance,come the new year,that there will be some vacancies arising due to people not liking the job..... it always happens.

Finally,if a someone has been employed as a supervisor in the past,and unless they made a total mess of it,then they will be offered the job again.

Lads this is as bad for me, surely there must be more than one of us on this site going to get the job. I cant be left as the only field supervisor in Ireland? someone somwhere has to have had a call do ye know anyone who done interviews .

i always let people know straight away they have the job and I have always made sure that the other interviewees get their letters out as soon as possible.

employers just dont seem to know how exciting it is to get an interview you then prepare for it and your in bits after it waiting for the call or the letter,

GOD I HOPE YE GET A CALL SOON

Almost 10.30, anyone get a call yet today?? The phone has rung twice, one was a wrong number and another was one of those nice guy's saying I had a problem with my PC & he'd help me fix it.....I asked him to call back later :D

TaraHill, looking like its just you!!! You'll be grand, I'm sure you're well up to managing 5000 enumerators.

Nothing so far either.

If I don't hear anything today I may start to accept it's not going to be.

Same as that JonnyK although the letter did say they would contact us in the next 2 weeks so it does not necessarily mean today, it would be fantastic if it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Catherine Power

I had my interview in Waterford and only got the panel letter on Friday. Anyone get a job yet for this area?????

• Registered Users Posts: 20 narky

I haven't heard anything either. I'm telling myself I haven't got it now to prepare for the worst. I don't mind the despair of not getting the job, it's the hope and the not knowing that is the killer.:confused:

If they started ringing last Thursday, even if only ONE person has been allocated to the calls, they will have managed to get to all 440 by tomorrow, at the latest. So if I haven't heard by then, I'll assume it's a no for me.
    Given the holiday season and the complete shutdown that will take place from this Thursday afternoon until January 2nd, I don't think there will be time to cover all the contracts and referees etc if it's any later. I know they said 2 weeks, but no one in the CS is going to be doing any 'ringing' over Xmas - apart from 'Jingle Bells' that is :pac:

• Advertisement

Well they are on the phones, just got a call offering me a position.....so I have my fingers crossed for the rest of you.

Best of luck.

I agree Domscard,

If we don't hear by Thursday at the latest, that's probably it.

Surprised no one except Tarahill on this forum has heard anything more.

I'd prefer to know one way or the other.

Thnk I got panel letter last Wed/Thurs so not looking positive.

Well done Little A,

Delighted for ya.

Congratulations.

Still hope for us all then:)

Oh Well done LittleA, not a surprise though that you got it, delighted somebody else got a call. When did you get the letter?

Got the letter early last week - won't pay too much heed to what day you got the letter, TBH, post is all over the place with the snow.

I reckon that they will spend the next few days making the calls, so I wouldn't give up hope.

I think you'll even get some people who will be offered in the new year (where some people may pull out)....keep the faith & think positive thoughts - "they WILL offer me the job!!"

Thanks LittleA, just hate hate hate waiting. I guess I have too much time on my hands.

I have interview for Hibernia College on Wed (post grad primary school diploma) so keeping busy preparing for that.

Could do with some good news as this is my second attempt at interview.

Good things will come - am staying positive - and here's looking forward to a good Christmas ;)

Keep the spirits up Seanie.

Thanks JonnyK and best of luck to you with your interview.

Well done, Little A :)

• Advertisement

Little A wrote: »
    Well they are on the phones, just got a call offering me a position.....so I have my fingers crossed for the rest of you.

Best of luck.

well done little A
    they are slow with the calls, everyone dont give up hope just yet.

im staying hopefull for ye all,

its only after 12 theres time for plenty of calls between now and 5pm

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement