Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Jobs with CSO for 2011 Census

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JonnyK

Cheers Seanie,

Fingers crossed for the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Best of luck with the interview, JonnyK. The FS job would be a big help for those fees, I'm sure :eek: I have a daughter who might be going that route soon - needs must, despite oodles of other quals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 alexsmum

i'm not expecting a call anyway but i'm shocked at how slow they seem to be as i'd expect some of ye to be called at least. tis mad!!

Nice one Domscard,

Fees are mad and would start next Sept so FS job would be ideal to save for course.

Still waiting by the phone!!

alexsmum wrote: »
    i'm not expecting a call anyway but i'm shocked at how slow they seem to be as i'd expect some of ye to be called at least. tis mad!!
    Why would you not get a call alexsmum :confused: You have the letter, so you're in the pot. As was said already, those who did the job before have the best chance, followed by those where there are few other local applicants.
    Unlike with some other interviews, I won't be beating myself up if I don't get this one. At this stage, having made the panel, it's less about how well you did and more the luck of the draw in terms of your location. I hope that's some comfort to those of us who don't get the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Well done Little A,still no call but I'll keep on hoping until Wednesday then I'll drown my sorrrows :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Morg4

I rang the CSO recruitment office and they said they'd be making calls until xmas eve!! I asked why it was taking so long and got a snotty reply that there were 440 posts to fill. Still doesn't explain why it should take 7 working days!

Good stuff Morg4,

The hope remains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

Morg4 wrote: »
    I rang the CSO recruitment office and they said they'd be making calls until xmas eve!! I asked why it was taking so long and got a snotty reply that there were 440 posts to fill. Still doesn't explain why it should take 7 working days!

poh.jpg

Morg4 wrote: »

Good for you - thanks :D I hope you withheld your phone number or you might be the last to hear any news :pac:

• Advertisement

From my calculations on this thread 20 people have received a panel letter, and only 2 have been offered the job.

20 is nearly 5% of the 440.

What does this mean? I don't know

10 minutes per phone call and paper work (public sector)
    6 per hour
    8 hours per day
    6x8 = 48 per day

9 days total for one person.
    2 people 4.5 days,
    4 people 2 and a half days

Depending how many are making the calls

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caitb

Thanks for that info Morg4 the hope remains:)What area are you Morg4 ?Just curious is it the Mullingar side like Tarahill.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bud6

Hi all
    i got a call today at 1pm, i'm in Tullamore, i got my letter last wednesday so don't give up. delighted to get the work tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Morg4

I'm in north Galway. I wonder are they making the calls geographically or alphabetically? Anyone know?

Well done, bud6. Do you know if they'd contacted your referees or did they mention them at all? How long did your phonecall last? It really does seem to be very dragged out ... :(
    No idea how they're making the calls, Morg4 - doesn't seem to be geographically from the information posted.

the phonecall was about 10 mins and very relaxed (all chat about the weather and the roads), the caller was not one of the panel who interviewed me. He said that the position was subject to reference check and garda clearance but that they would send out the letter of offer in the next 10 days (i suppose to allow for garda clearance). hope this answers your questions

• Registered Users Posts: 44 seanie63

thats great Bud6 well done you, so thats 3 of our gang now has been made an offer! Roll on tomorrow, hope there are a few more calls.

For the ones who have gotten calls, was it a landline or mobile they called you at? I have given both but afraid of my life i miss a call on my landline cos for some reason it doesn't give the number if I get a missed call! I know there is little chance of me missing a call as I am practically sitting on the phone at this stage!

Thanks bud6 - very helpful.
    Seanie63, I'm in an even worse position as my mobile number is not on the application form - I don't know how that happened? So I've been giving the bum's rush to anyone who rings on my landline and have been avoiding making any calls.
    TBH, I'm losing hope now and won't be nursing the phone past the end of tomorrow. I really think that most people will have been contacted by close of business Tuesday and only the also-rans will remain on the list for fill-ins. I do hope I'm wrong though ...

Yea, Im the same Domscard, think if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I will try and forget about it. Hope the rest of us get a call soon

The call was to my mobile - it's the only number i have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sby

Domscard send an email to censusrecruitment@cso.ie and give them your mobile number. I did and got an email back to say they will contact me on that number if they are going to contact me. Saves worrying about missing a landline call.

Thanks for that sby - if I don't hear tomorrow (am home all day anyway) I'll do that :)

Morning all,

Anyone get any good news yet?

I noticed LittleA was first to post yesterday and she got the call later. Reliant on superstition now - not a good sign!!

Here's hoping for the phone to ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Catherine Power

I'm clutching at straws here...but late interview.....letter arrived only on Friday...hopefully late call!!!!

Got at least 8 phone calls yesterday..thought each one was THE call...very frustrating:(

JonnyK wrote: »
    Morning all,

Anyone get any good news yet?

I noticed LittleA was first to post yesterday and she got the call later. Reliant on superstition now - not a good sign!!

Here's hoping for the phone to ring.

:D Would be great if it was that simple. I'm starting to do the 'I don't really want it anyway' self-talk - you know, where you start telling yourself the disadvantages of getting the job to lessen the disappointment! You can never start this too early, in my experience ... :pac:

Morning all, if its any help, the number that came up on my phone was an 01 89..... number, it might help alleviate those jitters! Keep the flame lit - one post said it could go on for a while ;-)

Thanks Bud, I am jumping at any number that is not known to my phone and above any week im getting loads of them for some reason! :p

Dublin is currently getting hammered with snow. On the Weather forum, some people are recommending that people leave work now to go home or they will be stranded. I wonder will this suspend our phonecalls and maximise the waiting time :(

I don't know why they just could'nt send letters out and just let people accept them in a time frame instead of this waiting by the phone.

• Advertisement

Dymo wrote: »
    I don't know why they just could'nt send letters out and just let people accept them in a time frame instead of this waiting by the phone.

...or have the regional managers inform their own field supervisors concurrently. Job done in less than a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement