Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JDs Steakhouse Tramore

Options
  • 10-09-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

i'm thinking about trying this place out tomorrow night so just wondering if anyone has any info about the place? nice food /prices and stuff?

Thanks
    South

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Was in there meself about a month ago. Waited about 40-50 mins for a table. But once we were seated the food was fantastic. The only other bad thing I can say about it was I asked for a rare steak and they gave me medium. Prices were alright. Between 12-26 euro for some dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Was in there meself about a month ago. Waited about 40-50 mins for a table. But once we were seated the food was fantastic. The only other bad thing I can say about it was I asked for a rare steak and they gave me medium. Prices were alright. Between 12-26 euro for some dishes.

Thanks Andy. booked it for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Hi,
    Would defo recommend it, we had our table booked and were seated straight away.
    Food was lovely and was reasonably priced.
    Anyone I know who has been there have had good things to say about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

a smidgen pricey, but well worth its never had a bad meal there. service, atmosphere etc. excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 oilcanharry

kano476 wrote: »
    a smidgen pricey, but well worth its never had a bad meal there. service, atmosphere etc. excellent

This seems to be a common feeling about a lot of Irish restuarants, a smidgen too pricey.

Another point I would like to bring up is why do restuarants produce menus with names of dishes that are un-pronounceable and in my opinion turns people off. Gordon Ramsay always recommmends that chefs keep their menus simple, with a limited number of basic and simple dishes that are finely cooked and presented well.

Back to the orignal question, while I have not had the opportunity to sample JD's yet, their sister restuarant up the street "The Vee Bistro" has always been top class and priced reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement