Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freshers Week

Options
  • 10-09-2010 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the noob question, but what is Freshers Week like? I mean, do we go to class or just go to the pub all day?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

It's the second week of lectures. Lectures are still on but in between them you can visit the Freshers' Tent behind the Student Centre to join societies or the Sports Expo in Hall B of Sports Centre to join sports clubs or martial arts. The Sports Expo finishes on Thursday, I think the Freshers' Tent is still there on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

So does it start this Monday or the Monday after? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Second week of lectures - Monday 20th. This week (Mon 6th) is Orientation Week, next week (Mon 13th) is the first week of lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

kev9100 wrote: »
    Sorry for the noob question, but what is Freshers Week like? I mean, do we go to class or just go to the pub all day?:D

Both really but definitely lean towards pub. More important to have a bit of craic with people in your class before **** gets serious

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Slippers 2 wrote: »
    Second week of lectures - Monday 20th. This week (Mon 6th) is Orientation Week, next week (Mon 13th) is the first week of lectures.

Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

craggles wrote: »
    Both really but definitely lean towards pub. More important to have a bit of craic with people in your class before **** gets serious

And **** gets serious around week 6, then again at week 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

craggles wrote: »

Sounds good. Will the societies be holding events during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

The way my timetable is I can barely have time to go to potty :p
    I have 5 lectures in a row tues, 6 in a row wednes,4 in row mon.
    Im worrying more about when can i have a smoke break:confused:
    But i want to enjoy freshers week and join loads.Is my mission impossible????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yeahhh

LauraLuck wrote: »
    The way my timetable is I can barely have time to go to potty :p
    I have 5 lectures in a row tues, 6 in a row wednes,4 in row mon.
    Im worrying more about when can i have a smoke break:confused:
    But i want to enjoy freshers week and join loads.Is my mission impossible????:D

Awwwh Not really :)

I just wanna hear more about what societies have to offer.. Anyone thinking about St. Vincent De Paul? or however you spell it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yeahhh wrote: »
    I just wanna hear more about what societies have to offer.. Anyone thinking about St. Vincent De Paul? or however you spell it :)

Its more about what you put into the societies than vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 LauraLuck

I just wanna hear more about what societies have to offer.. Anyone thinking about St. Vincent De Paul? or however you spell it :)[/QUOTE]

Yes im really interested in volunteering and the SVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Most societies have a stand in the Freshers Tent (behind the Student Centre) where you can sign up and get freebies and stuff like that! The tent is great craic on the Monday and Tuesday especially, plus during the week there's loads of society events on.... My advice is sign up for as many societies as you can! As for sports there's a great big sports expo on in the Sports centre but keep in mind that that runs from the 20-23 but the Freshers Stand will be open for one extra day. This is definitely one of the best weeks in college!

Advertisement