Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming with Cisco epc2425 not working

• 10-09-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Ive got xbox live connected and laptop and iphone but streaming through my xbox doesnt seem to work.

My Cisco is at factory settings except for security. Am i missing something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Ive got xbox live connected and laptop and iphone but streaming through my xbox doesnt seem to work.

My Cisco is at factory settings except for security. Am i missing something?

Is your XBOX wired and Laptop wireless by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Is your XBOX wired and Laptop wireless by any chance?

My PC (which is what im using) is wired and my xbox is wireless

What OS are you using?

I'm using windows 7. If you look at your network map you'll see that wired v wireless devices are seperated via an imaginary switch

It's annoying is what it is, but I have not found anyone with a workaround

Your options are:

1) wireless laptop and wireless xbox

2) wired laptop and xbox

3) Use your own router. I bought a belkin and it's been brilliant, has done exactly what I needed. Shame I had to buy my own but at least it works

What OS are you using?

I'm using windows 7. If you look at your network map you'll see that wired v wireless devices are seperated via an imaginary switch

It's annoying is what it is, but I have not found anyone with a workaround

Your options are:

1) wireless laptop and wireless xbox

2) wired laptop and xbox

3) Use your own router. I bought a belkin and it's been brilliant, has done exactly what I needed. Shame I had to buy my own but at least it works

Im using XP.

Ok..ive got an intellinet 150n router that i havent used in a while. Might set that up and try it.

is it as easy as disabling wireless on the cisco?

that should work for you!

All I did was connect cisco LAN port to belkin WAN and disabled wireless in cisco and it worked so yeah that's really it

Others here talked about bridging but I didn't need to do that much

Pain having to use 2 routers but ....

• Advertisement

that should work for you!

All I did was connect cisco LAN port to belkin WAN and disabled wireless in cisco and it worked so yeah that's really it

Others here talked about bridging but I didn't need to do that much

Pain having to use 2 routers but ....

Ok cool..ill try that.

ya its a pain alright...i use the intellinet before with an adsl modem and i got rid of both for a good netgear adsl router. Now im back to square one !! lol..only with 30M BB :D

My Intellinet wireless router worked well for me before I got an adsl router so I thought I'd give it a try.

Works a treat ! Xbox live running fine (got kicked out earlier with the cisco) and video streaming works too. ..all from my wired pc to wireless xbox. ;)

Advertisement