Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter routes in Cork

• 10-09-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

New to all of this but just wondering if there are any established well lit routes in or around Cork city suitable for winter training.I am unable to commute to work and live in rural area where cycling at night would be almost suicidal.Great forum but very intimidating for fat old git like me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

realslow wrote: »
    New to all of this but just wondering if there are any established well lit routes in or around Cork city suitable for winter training.I am unable to commute to work and live in rural area where cycling at night would be almost suicidal.Great forum but very intimidating for fat old git like me.

Wilcommen - most of us here are either fat, old or both so you are in good company...

Are you looking for weekend type spins? If so where are you living? Prob good routes around you that we could recommend . Or are you looking for spins around town in the evenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 realslow

Living out Midleton way looking to get out in the evenings but getting dark already by eight,was hoping might be some sort of established circuit/lap.
    This internet thing is fun,might have found a new hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Living out Midleton way looking to get out in the evenings but getting dark already by eight,was hoping might be some sort of established circuit/lap.

Not familiar with East Cork routes but someone here prob is... There are plenty of routes around town but personally wouldn't chance them in the dark evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Someone told me the airport hill was lit all they way up so I was hoping to do intervals on that in the evenings.

But it's not.

(I'm helpful, I know.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

You can get lights that enable you to ride on dark, unlit country roads. They cost a bit but what price health and fitness.

I am waiting on delivery of two of these.
    http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix-tk11.html

Add a couple of rear lights and you can go anywhere anytime.
    With good lights on a bike you are actually more visible at night I reckon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement