Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers Needed

Options
  • 10-09-2010 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

A new charity store opening soon in Carlow town is looking for volunteers for their retail charity shop.

Volunteers would be assisting customers in shop and helping sort through donations.

Shop will be open Monday to Saturday 10am to 5:30pm, volunteers are required for all times, even four hours a week would be a help.

Call into Sue Ryder Shop, Castle Street for Volunteer Application form.
    Volunteers must be over 16 years old.

You can PM me if you have any queries.

For more information about this charity you can have a look at their website:
    http://www.sueryderfoundation.ie

Thank You :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I should have asked in the first post could you pass the word around as some of you might have friends or family that may be interested in volunteering in the shop.

Do you think it will be easy enough to get a few volunteers to work? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

foxinsox wrote: »
    I should have asked in the first post could you pass the word around as some of you might have friends or family that may be interested in volunteering in the shop.

Do you think it will be easy enough to get a few volunteers to work? :)

Have you been into the Volunteer Centre in Dublin Street?

Have you been into the Volunteer Centre in Dublin Street?

Yes, I was in contact with them today, they were really helpful. It's posted on their website and it's going to be in the paper on tuesday.

There is a Volunteer Fair in Fairgreen Shopping Centre next thursday (might be other days also, I'm not sure) so I'll be at that too.

Thanks for your input :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

foxinsox wrote: »
    Yes, I was in contact with them today, they were really helpful. It's posted on their website and it's going to be in the paper on tuesday.

There is a Volunteer Fair in Fairgreen Shopping Centre next thursday (might be other days also, I'm not sure) so I'll be at that too.

Thanks for your input :)

They're helpful alright, they got us sorted with a volunteer for what was a pretty obscure job! :p

Hope you get sorted with someone :)

Hi again,

Apologies for bumping...

The new store willl be opening next week hopefully :)

It is a very large store so Sue Ryder are looking for about 20 volunteers of all ages (OVER 16)

So as mentioned earlier even 4 hours a week would be a great help.

VOLUNTEER FORMS ARE IN SUE RYDER SHOP

If you are interested please fill in form and return to shop asap or you can pm me for further details...

Thank You for the response so far :)

• Advertisement

Sue Ryder Charity Shop

OPENS MONDAY 20th SEPTEMBER

Dublin Street
    Carlow

They are still looking for a few more volunteers, so if you are interested please call in to the shop.

Thanks again for all the replies here.

:)

Advertisement