Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man questioned in connection with cold case in waterford.

• 10-09-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Man questioned in connection with cold case in Waterford

Gardaí in Waterford are questioning a man in connection with the death of a man more than a decade ago.

He was arrested at Dublin Airport yesterday.

The badly burnt body of 34-year-old Martin Nolan was found in July 2000.

His remains were uncovered in woods between the Tipperary and Waterford border.

Mr Nolan had gone missing in November 1999.

Nobody has been charged with Mr Nolan's murder to date, but a suspect in the case whom gardaí wanted to question left the country after Mr Nolan's disappearance.

The man arrested was brought to Waterford and remains in Gardaí custody this morning where he will continue to be questioned in connection with the cold case murder. http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-questioned-in-connection-with-cold-case-in-waterford-472949.html

Must be some evidence on the man if they had to wait so long for him to return to ireland ,:confused:

RTE more on it: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0910/nolanm.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

That's good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is that the lad from Ash Road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

You would get away with nothing in Waterford,seen as he just landed and the guards where there to arrest him,wonder how they knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

You would get away with nothing in Waterford,
    Well hopefully not murder anyway.:rolleyes:
    seen as he just landed and the guards where there to arrest him,wonder how they knew that.
    Someone told them or he was under surveilance by Interpol or similar.

Woodgate wrote: »
    Well hopefully not murder anyway.:rolleyes:

Well the dogs in the street know who it was.
    Someone told them or he was under surveilance by Interpol or similar.

And its a bit obvious that someone told them,if he was under surveillance by interpol im sure it wouldn't of taken ten years to arrest him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Well the dogs in the street know who it was.

And its a bit obvious that someone told them,if he was under surveillance by interpol im sure it wouldn't of taken ten years to arrest him.

Did you hear the name of man arrested if so pm me pls iv bein told id know the name i remember when nolan went missing he use lots of names were going around about who may of bein involved ,im trying to think of people who left the country around that time :) lots i suppose , but iv not heard any more on the news yet on it , he will need to be kept for longer tommorrow if not charged .

jo06555 wrote: »
    Did you hear the name of man arrested if so pm me pls iv bein told id know the name i remember when nolan went missing he use lots of names were going around about who may of bein involved ,im trying to think of people who left the country around that time :) lots i suppose , but iv not heard any more on the news yet on it , he will need to be kept for longer tommorrow if not charged .

To be honest im not going to pm you,sure if you know what i know and the guards know then this case was closed a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

To be honest im not going to pm you,sure if you know what i know and the guards know then this case was closed a few months ago.

Ah ye no problem , just interested to see if it was same name im sure it is .

^^ No bother,im sure it is,so better off not to be talking about it here.

Advertisement