Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work whilst receiving grant

Options
  • 10-09-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Gang,

Really, really sorry if this has been covered, but I can't seem to find info on this in recent (past 60 days) threads. I recently renewed my maintenance grant for a post-grad course and since I didn't have to submit any of my documents (P60s, P21s, etc) I'm wondering if they'll want to see those eventually. I was only planning on doing one year last year, so was living off savings. That's all gone now, so I'm going to have to work at least part-time this year during my research-only degree programme. It's fairly unlikely that the VEC will ask me for tax paid information, right? I mean, €3200 isn't enough for a grown man to live on when he's renting a room, etc. I know, boo-hoo to me... I chose to do the course. And I know if I wanted to work, I could just give all of my grant money back and work until my heart's content. But I want it both ways!!

Thanks,
    No longer buying a house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

what's your question?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Oh right... am I allowed to work part-time? I can't find the info I want from studentfinance or citzens' info board about income limits once you're on a grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

yes you can work part time

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Thanks, Johnny.

Advertisement