Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porsche Cayenne GTS

• 10-09-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Last night I had the Porsche Cayenne GTS (2008 model not the new one).

Summary: its complete poo. Impressively ****e!

Starting from the outside, it looks awful to my eyes anyway. I think most will agree. The cabin is average at best - some decent materials but nowhere near justifying the £72k price tag. Sat nav wont take a UK postcode, the flappy paddles are +/- buttons on the steering wheel, its not keyless go, the radio controls are crap.......

On start up it makes a lovely noise and flares the engine. You here plenty of the engine too - its very vocal. Unfortunately so are the tyres and powertrain in general, and the wind noise is absolutely shocking. Its worse than some convertibles. At 80mph its not a quiet/comfortable place to be and tiring to drive.

Then theres the ride. Its poor. Really poor. In comfort mode.......

Switching to sport and it becomes super hard and you feel bumps in the rode you cannot even see.

So not a luxury vehicle then, and certainly not a mile muncher.

But its a Porsche.....so blasting down a B road is imperative. It is good in that environment, it remains very flat under lat acc during cornering and has bags of grip. Confidence inspiring chassis - feels like a proper sports saloon on the right road. The brakes felt poor but I reckon they just needed a bleed so I'll skip over that.

The engine is only OK. It makes a hell of a lot of noise but doesnt really deliver power wise. To the extent where you feel like a bit of a plonker at times. It just isnt that quick. Especially considering the running costs.

Overall then, its a good car 1% of the time and an awful one 99% of the time.

I couldn't recommend it less. In fact it is now the worst car I've ever driven (relative to expectation/price of course). The previous title holder was the BMW X3 M sport.

Complete gash.

Buy an M5/E63/Range Rover/Panamera etc depending on your needs and taste but not a Cayenne.

Having said all that I would like to see what the new model is like in comparison!
    :)

Advertisement