Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FETAC Level 6??

• 10-09-2010 3:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24

I know FETAC Level 6 is the highest one but I dont understand the whole FETAC Thing. I'm doing a home study course in Health and Fitness because I want to be a personal trainer. So my question is will I get the qualification I need? Is Level 6 FETAC a qualification to work as a personal trainer? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Well it really depends what course you are doing. I can tell you that most you won't really get any jobs out of you'd have to go to college and further your studies..
    It's what I am doing as my course will not give me the qualifications I need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 brenner17

Well it really depends what course you are doing. I can tell you that most you won't really get any jobs out of you'd have to go to college and further your studies..
    It's what I am doing as my course will not give me the qualifications I need.

Thanks 4 the reply man I dont think it will give me the qualifications 2 be a personal trainer I tried to get into Colaiste Ide but no luck :/ do u know any other colleges that do that course?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Generally the personal trainer courses that are well accredited are ITEC, NASM, ACE, ACSM and the NCEF one. The fitness professions are starting to be more tightly regulated and most likely, you'll soon have to be registered here http://www.repsireland.ie/ as it is in other countries. The FETAC fitness courses generally aren't accepted to work in gyms and as far as I know they're not recognised for insurance either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

First, you need to get a full cert at level 6. I am not sure what this comprises as I teach at level 5, but you need to go onto the FETAC site and see if you are doing a cert, or a component cert (part of a cert). I cannot see how you could be doing a full health and fitness cert as home study as there are sure to be practical classes? I could be wrong on that, you would have to check.

Level 6 is first year Uni/IT - certificate level in third level. Whether this qualifies you to work I don't know, you would need to check with the other certifying bodies.

Advertisement