Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horslips Winter Dates

Options
  • 10-09-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I wonder if there is some new material they will be playing.

http://www.hotpress.com/Horslips/news/Horslips-Confirm-Winter-Tour-Dates/6901500.html

The Dancehall Sweethearts are back on the road.

A year on from the sell-out triumph of their 2009 concerts in Dublin and Belfast, Irish rock legends Horslips are back with a new tour for 2010.

Horslips have confirmed they will play the INEC, Killarney (27 November); Royal Theatre, Castlebar (28); Waterfront, Belfast (1 December) and The O2, Dublin (4). Tickets for all concerts will go on sale Friday, 17 September, at 9.00am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Excellent !!

What's the INEC like as a venue , will it be all seated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beal Tuille

I welcome this development.

After the disappointment of Cork (great to hear Jim is well again) it will be great to see the lads again.

I haven't missed a Horslips gig/event since they kindahalfsorta reformed in 2004 but I cannot see me doing all 4 gigs.

Castlebar looks like it's a miss.

Just a reminder lads ,
    tickets on sale since 9 o'clock this morning .

tatoo wrote: »
    Excellent !!

What's the INEC like as a venue , will it be all seated ?

Not all seated ,

I'll be standing / jumping / hopping about !

Brilliant night in Killarney,
    the lads were in top form and enjoying every moment of it from the opening with King of The Fairies , right through a trio from Dancehall Sweethearts and on through some of the big guns including a blistering Book Of Invasions section ,
    finished with Trouble , Dearg Doom and Johnny Feans almost signature Shakin' All Over .

Savage night, catch 'em while you can !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I was at the O2 last night.

While the band played well, it never got to the mesmeric heights of last years gig at the same venue. between snow and poor ticket sales it was only about one third full. The whole top section was closed and there was plenty of room in the standing area.

The setlist was a bit different to last year. Of course all the favourites were played. They supplemented the band with some female background vocals and a brass section.

I am sure there will be more detailed reports. Setlist probably same as Killarney. I love the Book of Invasions stuff. Great finish as mentioned by Tatoo. Overall, I am happy I went but not on a high afterwards like I was last year.

I am unsure as to where they go from here. I would hope that they continue with annual gigs, dont think the O2 is the venue going forward - perhaps Nationa Stadium/ Vicar Street / Olympia.

Advertisement