Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Mom (MTV)....anyone watch it?

Options
  • 10-09-2010 4:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Give us the lowdown ladies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

What would you like to know?! Farrah seems to pawn her child off on everyone around her, and Catelynn has one of the most messed up famlies EVER :eek: I LOVE Maci she's great she seems to have the balancing act working for her (kind of anyway!). ANd then theres Amber. And her lovely partner Gary. You could write a novel on those two! Its addicting tv i love it and 16 and pregnant :P

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

i agree with previous op, i find it addictive. I could talk forever about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Bentley is the only child that I think will have any type of normal upbringing. Amber and Gary, God the pair of them are unbelievable.

Catelynn and Tyler have such a horrible home life. I can't believe her parents (and his Dad) won't let up about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Isn't Catelynns Mother married to Tylers Dad? Tylers Dad looks like a hillbilly. At least they tried giving the child a better life though.

Amber and Gary...what to say about them. Leah is so going to grow up to be obese. She's a cute looking kid.

I don't like Farrah at all. She seems spoiled, immature and very selfish.

I like Maci. She's the only real stable normal parent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'ver never watched it, nor do i intend to, but the ratings maHOOsive, especially the women demo, so are these girls all white trash types?

They must be making a mint from the US tabloids!....sadly Teen Mom will teach young girls to get pregnant, whore yourself to the media and the dollars will roll in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Catelynn and Tylor - I feel awful for them. Their families seem disturbing although Tylor's mom seems mostly ok. Watching them struggle with the aftermath of the adoption was heart wrenching. I loved their engagement, it seemed the only real one and you can tell how much they love each other.

Maci - Love her! She is the only one who seems to be doing her best to raise Bentley. It isn't perfect, but she is trying so hard to give him a stable life and Ryan(?) really isn't stepping up to the plate.

Farrah - Does Sophia ever see her? She got a little better by the end of the series when she was trying to spend more time with her daughter but she wrecked my head with her behaviour towards her mom.

Amber - Her and Gary are so annoying. They seem really inept! Leah already seems overweight and I know kids are pudgy, but she seems a little too pudgy to me. Amber doesn't seem to leave the house much, she just mopes around all day from what I can tell.

What annoyed me most is that in 16 and Pregnant, none of them seemed to know how to change a nappy before their baby arrived. Catelynn and Tylor were fine, but imagine having a baby and having no clue how to take care of it before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

http://www.okmagazine.com/tag/maci-bookout/

Ryan is fighting Maci for custody of Bentley. Which is sad but really Maci has been the more hands on parent: I reckon he's just sick of looking bad on telly. :rolleyes:

Farrah isn't white trash: she just wants to be on telly. ANd wrecks my head in the process :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Is that full custody or half the week? The articles seem to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Farrah no longer lives with her parents, and is actually in school and working. Apparently she's broke now (according to the last issue of OK USA.).

But with all the interviews/photoshoots.....i'd expect her to be making a mint?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I have yet to see this but I did see The Catelynn and Tyler episode of 16 and Pregnant. Absolutely heartbreaking. How such a pair of level-headed, supportive kids managed to come out of that messed up family life is just incredible. I cried watching that episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

But with all the interviews/photoshoots.....i'd expect her to be making a mint?

OK article was told by a "friend".

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Addictive viewing indeed - is the second series on TV yet?
    And Leah is an absolute dote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I have yet to see this but I did see The Catelynn and Tyler episode of 16 and Pregnant. Absolutely heartbreaking. How such a pair of level-headed, supportive kids managed to come out of that messed up family life is just incredible. I cried watching that episode.

I saw this and it was just awful. Also bawled my eyes out during it and I don't often cry at TV. It was definitely one of the saddest programs I've ever seen. It really brought home the very chilling reality of adopting a baby away for a young teenager. Just watching it was traumatising!

Latest ep. ratings, look at the crucial W18-34 demo (aka advertisers):

Teen Mom (10pm)
    - 3.667 million viewers
    - 2.4/4 HH
    - 2.1/6 A18-49
    - 4.7/14 W18-34

BIG numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

i'm looking forward to the second series, i also found the Catelynn Tyler episode really upsetting but thik they were very courageous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Catlynn and Tyler episode actually had me in tears .. such a strange strange family life they have. Loved the ending to there story tho , the engagement was so sweet

Ryan or whoever he is ,needs a slap!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I want to give that Farrah girl such a slap. Idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Catelynn and Tyler were the most realistic and mature ones out of them all. They saw they could not afford the best for their child and made the hardest and best decision for their baby and themselves. Then in turn gave 2 people the greatest gift ever. And the adoptive parents seem so lovely and understanding.

I cannot remember the name of the girl with the twins, but she is nothing more than a joke! She flirts mad with her ex while daddy is home with babies. And when they break up, she wants more money off him BUT he cannot take the girls for the night. I am glad he didn't give her another cent! Little tramp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i saw a related story when reading that, apparently Farrah's mother is charged with domestic violence after hitting and choking farrah , can't say i blame her

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Farrah's mother seems like a nutjob! Did you see the episode where Farrah brought home a guy she was seeing for three weeks and her mother started grilling him about sex, religion and his intentions towards Farrah, it was cringeworthy!:eek:
    I feel sorry for Farrah, Sophia's father was killed in a car accident, she's had to deal with a lot at a very young age.

I love Catelynn and Tyler, their story is just heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. They are such a great couple and I hope they make it together.

Maci is a great mom, Bentley is adorable.

I don't care much for Gary and Amber, Leah is a cutie though.
    I cannot remember the name of the girl with the twins, but she is nothing more than a joke! She flirts mad with her ex while daddy is home with babies. And when they break up, she wants more money off him BUT he cannot take the girls for the night. I am glad he didn't give her another cent! Little tramp!

Her name is Leah. She was only with her guy for 3 months before she got pregnant. I can understand how you can come to the conclusions above but I could kind of see why she acted the way she did, it doesn't make it right but I understood why she did the things she did. After 3 months she wasn't totally in love with her boyfriend (who came across as a great dad btw), subconsiously she resented him a bit for getting her into the situation that she was in (unfairly as it is as much her fault), she longed for her carefree life and her ex boyfriend was a symbol of that. She also had twins which would have a massive affect on her hormones, emotions etc, not to mention the stress and pressure of looking after them. I think she couldn't handle the massive changes in her life and she was looking for ways to escape. She came across badly as a result but to be honest I can see how having twins at the age of 16 might make you go a little crazy! She knew she acted badly and she admitted she has regrets because she lost a good and supportive boyfriend. At least she seemed to be getting things sorted out at the end, who knows maybe they might get back together at some stage, they were a cute family.

neveah wrote: »
    Her name is Leah. She was only with her guy for 3 months before she got pregnant. I can understand how you can come to the conclusions above but I could kind of see why she acted the way she did, it doesn't make it right but I understood why she did the things she did. After 3 months she wasn't totally in love with her boyfriend (who came across as a great dad btw), subconsiously she resented him a bit for getting her into the situation that she was in (unfairly as it is as much her fault), she longed for her carefree life and her ex boyfriend was a symbol of that. She also had twins which would have a massive affect on her hormones, emotions etc, not to mention the stress and pressure of looking after them. I think she couldn't handle the massive changes in her life and she was looking for ways to escape. She came across badly as a result but to be honest I can see how having twins at the age of 16 might make you go a little crazy! She knew she acted badly and she admitted she has regrets because she lost a good and supportive boyfriend. At least she seemed to be getting things sorted out at the end, who knows maybe they might get back together at some stage, they were a cute family.

I understand her want to have her care free life back, we all feel that from time to time, but she seems to think she can have the babies, but not have to be their mum. Dumping them on her mum and their dad when she wants nights out and stuff.

You can see she still feels for the last fella, but if she felt like the relationship was not going anywhere with the father and that she wanted to continue the teenager life she should have done what Catelynn did!

Children are not a part time hobbie, and twins are more difficult again!

And why flirt with your ex while you have their dad at home with them. If you are unhappy you break up and then decide to think of others, not the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Oh I agree with what you are saying, I think she knew herself how much she had messed up. Her boyfriend actually came across as one of the best dads in the whole series, he really loved the girls, this made her look even worse!

At the end of it she seemed to have come full circle and she accepted her responsibilities with the twins and that her life had changed, however she's on her own with them now so her actions did have consequences.

I've read some articles about how '16 and pregnant' is glorifying teenage pregnancies. I had to say I completely disagree with this. Most, if not all, of the episodes shows how hard it is, what the girls give up, how their lives change and the labour scenes are not exactly glamourous either! I think every teenager should be made watch it.

Another girl I forgot about is the red haired girl (can't remember her name) who had a little girl Aubree. She got a horrific text from the father of her child who initially stayed with her during the pregnancy, he wanted the baby to have his second name but when the baby arrived it didn't fit in with his lifestyle. The text was something like - 'you are nothing but a stretched marked bitch, give me the papers where I can sign over that mistake'. I felt so bad for her. What a nasty way to treat her and to think his kid could watch that back in years to come! He should be ashamed of himself! A lot of the father are given stick about their actions on the show but to be honest I think this guy was the worst!

neveah wrote: »
    Oh I agree with what you are saying, I think she knew herself how much she had messed up. Her boyfriend actually came across as one of the best dads in the whole series, he really loved the girls, this made her look even worse!

At the end of it she seemed to have come full circle and she accepted her responsibilities with the twins and that her life had changed, however she's on her own with them now so her actions did have consequences.

I've read some articles about how '16 and pregnant' is glorifying teenage pregnancies. I had to say I completely disagree with this. Most, if not all, of the episodes shows how hard it is, what the girls give up, how their lives change and the labour scenes are not exactly glamourous either! I think every teenager should be made watch it.

Another girl I forgot about is the red haired girl (can't remember her name) who had a little girl Aubree. She got a horrific text from the father of her child who initially stayed with her during the pregnancy, he wanted the baby to have his second name but when the baby arrived it didn't fit in with his lifestyle. The text was something like - 'you are nothing but a stretched marked bitch, give me the papers where I can sign over that mistake'. I felt so bad for her. What a nasty way to treat her and to think his kid could watch that back in years to come! He should be ashamed of himself! A lot of the father are given stick about their actions on the show but to be honest I think this guy was the worst!

And he is the guy I would rape with Child Support!!!! :D He would be working 4 jobs to pay for his behaviour!!! ;)

I believe the reason they put on that show was to try and show how hard it is. Teens seem to think it is fashionable these days to be pregnant. I know two that had a pregnancy pact. Both scumbags that will abuse the welfare system for years to come!

They need to show all of these cases, show the birth, the treatment they get and everything. Scare them into keeping their legs closed!

Advertisement