Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting - options?

• 10-09-2010 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Starting in 1st year and will be commuting from Dublin.....what's the best option; Matthews bus, Bus Eireann bus or the train?

How far is the train station and bus station from the College, college web-site says 15mins for train station but is this realistic? Is there a shuttle bus that runs from the train station to the college, (thought I read somwehere that there was but can't remember where I saw it)...for those windy & wet days in Nov :(

Thanks,
    Tulip07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

See this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055772780

That_Guy has put together an excellent post full of info.

15 min walk from the train station to the college is optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

matthews and bus eireann leave you outside the door!

just get a multi-ticket

and always get the express... going through drogheda is a pain in the ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tulip07

Thanks guys,

By express do you mean the direct service run by Matthews? How long does it take cos on the website it looks as if its 90 mins whether you take the direct or round-the-house route!

I've read That_Guys thread but just wondering if the shuttle bus is still running from the train station to the college as the thread was started in Dec 09.....the train from Dublin is a slighty better option for me as well as my bus into the city centre can be a bit hit and miss in the mornings.

Tulip07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The bus is the normal town bus from the train station to the college, there is a stop outside the college and a bus goes every 15 min or at least it used to be every 15 min.

So it should still be running as its a town service and not just a shuttle bus to/from the college.

EDIT: Google Maps puts the walk from station to college at 32 minutes which is much more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Id take the Matthews bus..Ive never taken it first thing in the morning but normally the Direct service takes an hour.

I dont think the train is a reasonable option. It takes the same time and its a good 20 mins walk into college whereas Matthews leaves you to the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

Yeah I mean the direct!
    takes around an hour to get up from parnell street

Advertisement