Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Mobile Phone Signal In Fairview Dublin

Options
  • 10-09-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, is there anyone out there that is on the 3 network and lives in Fairview Dublin 3? if so whats the signal like? currently on the Vodafone network and the signal is crap in Fairview.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If Vf is crap I wouldn't expect better results from anyone else. Three are 3G only so network coverage can deteriorate as more & more people initiate data connections.

Also, Dublin 3 (fairview/clontarf) is very low geographically which is difficult for networks to provide coverage ie: Ground floor indoor coverage.

Why not get some free prepay sims from Three/02/Meteor from their websites and try out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

im with 3 at present and have some issue with the signal strenght where i live even though their mast is 2 km from my house:eek: im a couple of miles away from fairview yet the bad reception/signal only affects me at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

im with 3 at present and have some issue with the signal strenght where i live even though their mast is 2 km from my house:eek: im a couple of miles away from fairview yet the bad reception/signal only affects me at home.

Being that distance from a 3G mast is probably a nightmare.

Residential masts might provide around 1-2km indoor coverage, depending on mobile broadband users (who are prioritised connection) in an area causes a shrink in masts coverage.

3G in General is at too high a Bandwidth (2100Mhz) compared to GSM 900Mhz or 1800Mhz if there are frequency conflicts with operators.

Long story short higher the Frequency worse the coverage.

That said, I actually wouldn't recommend Three especially if your looking for support from their "Customer Care"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Residential masts might provide around 1-2km indoor coverage, depending on mobile broadband users (who are prioritised connection) in an area causes a shrink in masts

Slightly incorrect. 3 now have two carrier frequencies on their network. One for talk and text and one for mobile broadband, so more broadband customers will not effect voice and text customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Coverage is good in fairview, usually getting 2mb data up and down on my phone there with 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

If you are on twitter, I can give you a good twitter contact who works in 3 who can help you out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

POK321 wrote: »
    Hi, is there anyone out there that is on the 3 network and lives in Fairview Dublin 3? if so whats the signal like? currently on the Vodafone network and the signal is crap in Fairview.

Since I have moved to North Strand, I have been having problems with the signal.

Advertisement