Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ow- that penalty will hurt!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

what a tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Brilliant! Love the cocky chest bang when he walks away, all the while the ball is creeping over the line behind him:p

Looks better in slow-mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

is there not a rule during shootouts that the ball is dead once it ceases to move in a forward motion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Gotta love the Moroccan Botola.

What a spoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

is there not a rule during shootouts that the ball is dead once it ceases to move in a forward motion?

Yea, I always thought that too. It was the first thing I thought of when I seen this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The ball never stopped so it dosn't matter. Its like hitting the post essentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    The ball never stopped so it dosn't matter. Its like hitting the post essentially.

It stopped moving forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

bohsman wrote: »

so does a ball that hits the post, comes back, hits the keeper and goes in

but that counts too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Freddie Ljungberg scored with a 'miss' in a penalty shoot-out for Sweden 4? years ago. Thumped it off the bar, it bounced out, hit the keeper's back and went in. It counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

i watched a local game where it went to a shoot out. the guy had to score or they were out. hit the bar with the penalty the keeper ran off celebrating, the ball went up in the air off the bar hit the ground and rolled in. no one knew what the rule was ref included. i shouted thats a goal the ball never stopped moving but the ref played safe(sh!t himself) and didnt give it. suppose if the refs not sure he cant give it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

What a tool. If the ball's not dead, it still counts. He just made a really bad parry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Freddie Ljungberg scored with a 'miss' in a penalty shoot-out for Sweden 4? years ago. Thumped it off the bar, it bounced out, hit the keeper's back and went in. It counted.

Another famous one like that from 1986. It was given
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYI8AjhYZew#t=4m41s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Only in shoot outs, dunno if the above is a shoot out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only in shoot outs, dunno if the above is a shoot out.

It is. No one followed the ball in.

Lukker- wrote: »
    It is. No one followed the ball in.

Good spot, then it should have been disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone have the fifa ruling at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

The FIFA rules state that "The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward", which is to say that the ball must be kicked forward from a penalty kick, but would not appear to mean that the ball must continue moving forward in order to stay in play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Columbia wrote: »
    The FIFA rules state that "The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward", which is to say that the ball must be kicked forward from a penalty kick, but would not appear to mean that the ball must continue moving forward in order to stay in play.

Yep thats the rule.
    There's no such rule that it must stay moving forward. The penalty is dead when the ball is dead, even in a shootout. Although the keeper saved it, he was never in control of the ball (ie he never held the ball) or it never crossed the line, or the ball never came to a standstill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

bonerm wrote: »

The most important thing I learned here is that you can link youtube and get the video to start at the exact time you want! Cool

Good spot, then it should have been disallowed.

it shouldnt

it that were the case, then a penalty in a shootout which hits the underside of the bar, gains backspin, bounces 6 inches in front of the line and then bounces over would be no goal

the law isnt about things that happen in the same passage as the shot. its not worded particularly well, but its not this kind of situation that its referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

bohsman wrote: »

By your logic, if a ball hits both posts and goes in it should be disallowed as the ball would not be travelling forward between posts

Helix wrote: »
    it shouldnt

it that were the case, then a penalty in a shootout which hits the underside of the bar, gains backspin, bounces 6 inches in front of the line and then bounces over would be no goal

the law isnt about things that happen in the same passage as the shot. its not worded particularly well, but its not this kind of situation that its referring to

Fairly sure if i was sober i would find a youtube video where the exact thing happend and it wanst allowed.

Think it Sheff Wed vs someone in a shoot out, similiar thing but the keeper didnt save it hit the bar bounced about 3 foot out then spun in. ref disallowed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fairly sure if i was sober i would find a youtube video where the exact thing happend and it wanst allowed.

Think it Sheff Wed vs someone in a shoot out, similiar thing but the keeper didnt save it hit the bar bounced about 3 foot out then spun in. ref disallowed it.

That just sounds like awful refereeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Imagine that in a World Cup or Champions League Final? :eek:

the ref made a balls of it, coz thats a successfully converted peno kick right there

another theoretical one for you, player takes peno, it hits the right hand post and rolls across the line (therefore has stopped moving forward) before hitting the left hand post and going in

end result? goal stands

the ref made a balls of it, coz thats a successfully converted peno kick right there

another theoretical one for you, player takes peno, it hits the right hand post and rolls across the line (therefore has stopped moving forward) before hitting the left hand post and going in

end result? goal stands

I was always of the opinion (assumed it was the rules) that once it stops moving forward it ends (in a shootout).

Also personally fell that only the kicker should be allowed follow it in, in a normal peno. hate seeing keepers save it then some **** tap it in :D

end result? goal stands

I just said that a few posts ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Here's one scenario for you ....

Player kicks a peno , keeper saves with a punch .
    Ball heads straight back to peno taker who uses his head to score the rebounded (saved) kick .

Goal or not ?... Defo no goal in my mind.
    But in the video there is no second hit by a player . The keeper saved but his save is no different than the ball hitting the post and going in , the ball never stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

mixednuts wrote: »

Ball heads straight back to peno taker who uses his head to score the rebounded (saved) kick .

But in the video there is no second hit by a player . The keeper saved but his save is no different than the ball hitting the post and going in , the ball never stopped.

If you are talking about in a penalty shootout then its not a goal as their is no rebounds in shootout's, in a game though its allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
    • He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed.

Nothing wrong with that goal, according to the rules.

:confused:

That's just a rebound, which you can't have in a shootout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Paulw wrote: »
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
    He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

The referee decides when a penalty kick has been completed.

Nothing wrong with that goal, according to the rules.
    fullstop wrote: »
    :confused:

That's just a rebound, which you can't have in a shootout.

Then the above rules must be for a peno during 90mins ... Where are the rules just for shootouts ? Anyone .

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

bonerm wrote: »
    Those shorts are criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Then the above rules must be for a peno during 90mins ... Where are the rules just for shootouts ? Anyone .

I can't find them anywhere on the FIFA website.

I assume they are the same, aside from the player taking the penalty can't touch the ball again, nor can any other player (aside from the goalkeeper).

But, the last part is still valid - that the referee decides when the penalty kick has been completed.

There is no clause that says that the ball motion can only be forward, only that the initial kick must be forward.

Advertisement