Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on 4 zone amp + home cinema.

• 10-09-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

It's finally coming to the point where we start buying the goodies for the house.

Firstly, here a little walkthrough of the system we have provisioned for:

- Media server running SageTV upstairs with CAT6 outlets at media points around house.
    - In the open living area we will a sageTV box streaming content over cat6. There will be 5.1 sound here.
    - The sitting room will be similar to the living area but with regular TV audio output and 2 channel in ceiling speakers.
    - The kitchen (part of open living area) will have two ceiling speakers for listening to audio.
    - There will be wireless headphones so two people can be in open living + kitchen listening to different sources.

Now, this is where i'm stuck on. Is there a single unit that can handle all of this? i.e. 3-4 sources with 4 outputs. Where you can map an output (zone) to any source or map all zones to one source? Or will we need an A/V receiver and a seperate multi zone amp?

Also, i'm going to be looking for some decent ceiling speakers and a 5.1 systems. Any advice on good sources for these would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement