Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broke screen!!!

Options
  • 10-09-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

just broke screen on my E72, does anyone know the best course of action to take? dont really know myself
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Did you purchase insurance when you bought the phone? If so ring up your provider or call into them and fill out a claim form. They will take care of the rest. If its o2 you can print it off thier website

If not you will need to bring it back to the store you bought it from and they can send it off to thier repair company where they will give you a quote for repair. the standard cracked screen repair is usually 120e.

If your due an upgrade ( billpay) will be cheaper to get a new phone. If not then you can eaither pay to get it fixed or buy a cheap pay as you go phone to get you by till your due an upgrade.

You can also bring it into fonemenders ( sandyford) or any other third party repair company and they could fix it within a few days but your still looking at at least 100e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭jm99

thanks meathgal but i bought the phone simfree and im on vodafone 30 day contract so no upgrade.
    i did some searching through older threads and seen you can buy the screen on ebay and do it yourself. like this one

http://cgi.ebay.ie/GENUINE-NOKIA-E72-LCD-SCREEN-DISPLAY-OPENING-TOOLS-/200503163260?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2eaeeb797c

anyone ever do this??

also im not in dublin so does anyone know of phone repair shops in carlow/waterford/wexford/kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

My partner tried to do it with his iPod and made a complete hash of it but that could just be him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you can do it if you wanted, not overly hard. You will void your 24 warranty if you do it yourself. Think about it first before you go ahead. MPRC would do it for around €90 i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

here ya go

If you are any way handy, you'll be fine :)

jm99 wrote: »
    just broke screen on my E72, does anyone know the best course of action to take? dont really know myself
    thanks

• Advertisement

think i'll give it a bash myself, would i be okay buying from hong kong or should i pay more and get it from someone like phonesonline.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

jm99 wrote: »
    think i'll give it a bash myself, would i be okay buying from hong kong or should i pay more and get it from someone like phonesonline.ie

Your call. I've bought from both and all were OK. Others will have had bad experiences ( as usual ) but i've been lucky so far. Touch wood. Just bear in mind that far east delivery times can be a while :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

You can also bring it into fonemenders ( sandyford) or any other third party repair company and they could fix it within a few days but your still looking at at least 100e

Bad advice. Look at the thread in general about fonemenders on Boards. Their a no go. Seems as all of them are useless.

i dont know much about fonemenders and havent seen any threads about them yet, i'll have a look later. Never really had a fone worth mending before.
    i called into the vodafone shop in my local town just too see what they'd say. whatever fonemender they were going too send it too was only E45.

I already had my screen ordered from the uk for 23 quid so i'll give that a try. reckon i'm handy enough at most things!!!!!
    also got a new speaker(prieviously used anyway) for it too. reckon mine is not right, its not very loud compared to the basic nokia i'm using at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I changed my own screen no bother after sitting on the phone, just look at a few youtube vids for instructions and follow them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your advice lads, especially for the link dodzy. Fixed it no problem, quiet easy really

Advertisement