Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolut Dublin Fringe review: As You Are Now, So Once Were We

• 10-09-2010 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Show details on the Fringe website - http://www.fringefest.com/event/as-you-are-now-so-once-were-we

Show: AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WERE WE
    Where: Project Arts Centre, Temple Bar
    When: 9pm, Sat 11th to Weds 15th, preview today
    Duration: 90 mins
    Price: €14/€12

IMAG0128.jpg

That’s a photo of the set of As You Are Now… and there’s a lot to be said for what you could make of it. In a show that in truth I hadn’t planned on seeing, Dublin was recreated for me in so many ingenious ways that all I wanted to do was get up there and have a play myself. The creativity of The Company in telling the story of their day is delightful; given the many ways they could have done it, their choice of props, of scenery and of mood setting is brilliant - almost not showing just how much work went into it. The character and often hilarious script too showed how professional this group of actors and I, for one, would love to go to dinner with them in Ciao Bella Roma some time.

Trailer here:

Highly recommend it for an evening's entertainment. Very different!

Advertisement