Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolut Dublin Fringe review: My life in Dresses

Options
  • 10-09-2010 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Fringe website link: http://www.fringefest.com/event/my-life-in-dresses

Show: My Life in Dresses
    Where: Cube at Project Arts Centre, Temple Bar
    When: 7pm, Sat 11th to Sat 8th (excl Weds), previews today
    Duration: 40 mins
    Price: €14/€11

sorcha-kenny-my-life-in-dresses_02_resize.jpg

I’ve never worn a dress, but I do have a collection of t-shirts that I’ve gotten through volunteering at various events in the last few years and I refused to throw them out/donate them in a recent move, so I could very much relate to Sorcha Kenny’s show last night. Though a preview, there were lovely elements of storytelling, of disclosure and of discovery in the 40 minutes. Of particular hilarity was the idea that “the worst thing that could happen to you is finding your favourite dress ever aged three”. It’s an interesting way to tell a story and while it’s early days in the run, I’m sure there are more stories that will be told. Delighted that a blog was an inegral part too. Recommended.

Trailer here

I think anyone who has ever had any clothes they love will appreciate this.

Advertisement