Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolut Dublin Fringe review: The Ballet Ruse

• 10-09-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Dublin Fringe website link here: http://www.fringefest.com/event/the-ballet-ruse

[Show: The Ballet Ruse
    Where: Cube at Project Arts Centre, Temple Bar
    When: 1pm, Sat 11th to Sat 8th (excl Weds)
    Duration: 40 mins
    Price: €14/€11

DB20102.jpg

Ballet at lunch time? Wouldn’t have said ballet was my thing but can tell you that Ballet Ruse is a show about ballet, with ballet, featuring ballerinas that is not ballet. A far cry from Swan Lake and The Nutcracker, Muirne Blooomer and Emma O’ Kane have created a show that is funny, sexy and very physical - you couldn’t but admire the work and dedication that’s gone into the show, and understand their frustration of the struggle in the ballet world. I laughed, my jaw dropped at certain scenes - toilet roll! - and around me, the full house at this preview laughed and applauded sincerely, as I did. Great 40 minutes.

Trailer here

Great way to spend a lunchtime!

Advertisement