Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping xbox 360 drives?

Options
  • 10-09-2010 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question to ask. But my modding knowledge is limited.

I bought an xbox 360 at launch. In 2007 I got someone to change the firmware. But the console died earlier this year. Powe issue or something. The drive is still ok.

I bought a new 360 two months ago and wanna mod it. Would it be possible to take out the old flashed 360 drive and put it in my new xbox 360?

or would it not register?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You could swap them, but you'd have to read the drive key from your existing drive, & inject it into the firmware on the older drive. Then you'd have to make the older drive spoof the console into thinking it's the newer drive. It's all a bit pointless really, as it's less work for you to just modify the newer drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    You could swap them, but you'd have to read the drive key from your existing drive, & inject it into the firmware on the older drive. Then you'd have to make the older drive spoof the console into thinking it's the newer drive. It's all a bit pointless really, as it's less work for you to just modify the newer drive.

+1, easier to mod the new drive really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Hmmm.
    Might as well mod the new drive.

Since the xbox is only two months old. It'll have a lite-on drive right?
    they are harder to mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yes, it will have a LiteOn 93450C drive and they are harder/riskier to mod but most definitely do-able.

Advertisement