Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help cant choose between choices need help!!!!!

Options
  • 10-09-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey guys really need peoples opinions on this. Applied for nursing this year as a mature student but only received an offer on my second choice which was social studies in social care in athlone. I was so disappointed at the time because i had put in a lot of effort for the nursing course and had done a pre- nursing course the year before. I accepted the social studies offer as it was all i had been offered at the time, so have had introduction for this course this week and am so happy with it really like it so far. However got an offer for psychiatric nursing today in athlone and now dont know which to choose. Is neone doing these courses could you tell me what you think i should do please. What would be the better career option. Really appreciate any feedback thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well I haven't done either course, but my advice would be to go back over the information on both courses - the modules for each year and what type of job you will get out of it at the end and career progression. See which one stands out to you more.

You could also post a query in the Health Science Forum about the differences in the two professions.

Advertisement