Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheep Shearing summer 2010 C&C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Nice collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

love these. specially #26.

yer man that sheared them is shockin' bad at it though - the state of the poor thing in the last shot :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thank god they have good eyesight and the dog escaped.... They went to specsavers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

artyeva wrote: »
    love these. specially #26.

yer man that sheared them is shockin' bad at it though - the state of the poor thing in the last shot :eek:
    It's more 32 that would be a bit gross for me tbh, even though I bet you it was just a small nip and sort of became messy.
    They're not hairdressers though, at least not the fellas I know :D, as long as it keeps the maggots off, they're happy with the style.

Daycent 26 and 22 are my favourites, you can see the men and their expressions, as well as the sheep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

They're been treated like animals. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Quality shots. Can I ask what your post-processing technique is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

It's more 32 that would be a bit gross for me tbh, even though I bet you it was just a small nip and sort of became messy.

That one got caught on some barbed wire apparently, but it seemed okay.
    sarkozy wrote: »
    Quality shots. Can I ask what your post-processing technique is?

Well it was all done in lightroom, can't remember what exactly. Heavy on the clarity slider anyway, and I added some grain which I wouldn't normally do, but it seemed to suit them. I think the luminance noise reduction was turned up full as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

kelly1 wrote: »
    Nice collection.

+1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

They're been treated like animals. :(
    i'm not quite sure if this is tongue in cheek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

some great shots and nice processing but way too heavy on the vignette. it looks very artificial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

DotOrg wrote: »
    some great shots and nice processing but way too heavy on the vignette. it looks very artificial

Cheers. Yeah, I think you might have a point on the vignette alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I agree with DotOrg on the vignetting but otherwise I am a big fan of heavily processed photos because they really intensify the mood and atmosphere and lightroom is great for this, and at the same time not going completely overboard which is easily done in photoshop.

Advertisement