Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spider infestation in Thomand Hall

Options
  • 10-09-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having a massive infestation of spiders in their apartments in Thomand hall.

So far this evening I've killed 6 big massive spiders.

I think they should get pest control in to rid the problem. It's ridiculous at this stage. I can't sit down to watch tv without seeing a big fooker running across the room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Big spiders seem to be a problem all over, feckers are everywhere.

Try Olbas Oil it seems to keep them out they hate the smell, esp around your bed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Happens every year...it's VILE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i'm obviously the only one that isn't bothered by these, spiders aren't even a pest, they kill pests. don't leave you windows and doors wide open 24/7 and you'll get less spiders bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Screw spiders. I had a goddamn BAT in my room the other week. Sh*t was not cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im in Dromroe and we have loads. I thought it was because our bin was full but maybe not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

does anyone know how long this lasts? Will it last for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Cappavilla is that same. Its a complete joke! Numerous complaints from my house mates have gone unheeded and i know they aren't the only ones complaining to management.

can we not have security deal with these gangs of spiders having unapproved gatherings after 10 at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

yeah in plassy we have loads of daddy long legs

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

The weather's still fairly warm and thomond is next to a river and all those swampy little streams, of course there's insects everywhere. There's not much village management can do other than provide you with a sweeping brush to clear out the webs. Which they do :)

• Advertisement

Daddy long legs are flies not spiders, they have wings like....

All the shield bugs on the living bridge, i love them tbh.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They come in from outside, so no point in getting pest control. Man up and kill them / open a window and let them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It's just coming into Spider mating season is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Augmerson wrote: »
    It's just coming into Spider mating season is all.

They will probably be having spider sex in your beds!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

Never had that problem when I was there in second year, thank god.

We get them at the parents house. Evil little feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Cappavilla is that same. Its a complete joke! Numerous complaints from my house mates have gone unheeded and i know they aren't the only ones complaining to management.

i cant believe what im reading, students are a bunch of moany ****ers arent we?

what exactly do you expect them to do? pest control people wont come out for spiders lol :D

Advertisement