Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jean Michel Jarre in Dublin 04/10

Options
  • 10-09-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does anyone know, can I take a camera? Will be possible to take a photos? I can not find any information about that. Last time in 2008 it was not possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Why weren't you allowed last time?

What does it say on your ticket? The ticket usually has all of the small print. "Not allowed take pictures, take toilet breaks, bring umbrella, speak" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

Why weren't you allowed last time?
    in 2008 NCH staff said cameras were not allowed.
    I'm still waiting for my ticket. :) Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Ah... well this gig's in The Point isn't it? Different house rules there than the Concert Hall I would imagine. You should still be able to find Terms and Conditions on the ticket website if you bought it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

I've my ticket here in front of me.Number 18 of terms and conditions-'The use of camaras or recording equipment is prohibited'

It also says 'No crowd surfing or moshing'...Cant see much of that happening really;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A camera with no flash and you'll be grand in the point.

• Advertisement

I'm big fan of J.M.Jarre so I have to take a photo of him. :D
    I did it last time in NCH with no flash, so the quality ic not really good, this time must be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Artur.PL wrote: »
    I'm big fan of J.M.Jarre so I have to take a photo of him. :D
    I did it last time in NCH with no flash, so the quality ic not really good, this time must be better.

In my experience, it's normally camera's with an attachable lens for professional photography, recording and stuff that they have a problem with; unless strictly specified by the artist.

Obviously you should check in with the venue to confirm 100% if you don't want any hassle over it.

the concert was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Serious modular synth action going on in that shot Artur.PL.

I remember when I saw David Byrne at the NCH a few years ago (best gig I've ever been to btw) there was supposed to be no flash photography. Of course five minutes in it was like a load of paparazzi had stormed the building. David Byrne seemed a bit annoyed and made the point that the flash isn't actually going to make a difference if you're not sitting right in front of the stage. Things quietened down after that, thankfully :)

The photo was taken with no flash in RAW image format(*.ORF for Olympus).

• Advertisement
Advertisement