Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmongers in Newbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

I was in there last Thursday and cod had gone up from €12.50 a kilo to €15.50. I asked why and was told that it was because they were big cod. Sounds like rubbish to me as it would be less work to gut and clean 1 big cod and possibly get 4-5 kilos of fillets as opposed to preparing 3-4 smaller fish to get the same weight of fillets. Was up in Dublin and went to my old fish shop in Kimmage and got big cod skinned and boned for €13 a kilo. Ray was only half the price. I spoke to Nick while the shop was being fitted out and said to him that if his prices were competitive I would always shop there. Might have to think twice before I go there again. Its as easy to stock up once a month from the Kimmage shop and woul save me a few bob as I do eat a lot of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 llilly

big fish are dearer 99% of the time, labour in prep is a factor but its mainly a cooking thing , ask any chef or good cook and they will explain why

any time i buy fish i look for a good tick piece as it hold its form better and does not dry out

Advertisement