Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zune movies-Shockingly bad

Options
  • 10-09-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

My 13 year old brother got some credit onto his xbox to watch movies. Its touted as being able to 'watch what you want, when you want' and 'latest releases'. Major problem here being the vast majority of the (very small) selection are between 5 years old to dating from the 70s. Not what I would call latest releases. It was 50 euros. Theres nothing else he wants to buy with it. Can he get the money back as they missold a product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

He should have checked the available movies before purchasing the thing in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Gaw_ wrote: »
    He should have checked the available movies before purchasing the thing in the first place.

I don't know if you can or not, but like he's 13 and you'd assume 'latest movies' to not include movies from the 60s and 70s. Not even classics like, movies that were bad when they came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Microsoft won't give a penny and probably won't even say sorry, there has been downloadable games and add-ons that didn't work and no refunds were given. the most that has ever been done is a week of Xbox Live for free.

why isn't there any thing else he can buy, doesn't the xbox use the same Microsoft points for everything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It does sound as if they missold the product. It might be worth contacting the Consumer Agency to see what they have to say.

Also you could register a complaint with the ASAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'm trying to check Zune at the moment but for some reason the service is down.

IIRC, the last time I used it, the selection was pretty good and a good few new movies were there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

My 13 year old brother got some credit onto his xbox to watch movies. Its touted as being able to 'watch what you want, when you want' and 'latest releases'. Major problem here being the vast majority of the (very small) selection are between 5 years old to dating from the 70s. Not what I would call latest releases. It was 50 euros. Theres nothing else he wants to buy with it. Can he get the money back as they missold a product?
    I assume you mean the XBox Live subscription was €50, for the year. Subscription to this service also allows him to play with his friends online and avail of their weekly Deal Of The Week offers on downloadable content such as games and additional content for his retail games.

The movies on Zune are paid for separately and are for rental only. Looking at the Featured and New Releases sections right now I see titles such Kick Ass, Clash Of The Titans, Green Zone and Shutter Island, not really that old to be honest. While the Animation and Family sections are sparse enough there are plenty of titles in Action/Adventure and Sci-Fi/Fantasy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

Zune have plenty of new releases, don't really know what the complaint is.

Advertisement