Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recettear is out!

Options
  • 10-09-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

Cheap as chips on Steam and Stardock (and a few other digital distros), and it's got real charm.
    recettear3.jpg
    I tried the demo after reading RockPaperShotgun's gushing previews.
    I bought it off the strength of the demo alone.

:)

Capitalism, ho!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It sounds intriguing, I must try it. HG101 have been going on about it as well. You work at running an RPG item shop or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty much -- your business is to buy & sell items to make enough profit, and keep the adorable Recette with a roof over her head.

But there's also a proper 2D dungeon crawler for when you want to make real profit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just played the demo there, very enjoyable. Buying this along with Amnesia later today :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

WARNING: THIS GAME IS ADDICTIVE.

I know, it reminds of when I used to play Secret of Mana and hours would just fly by.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just got the pun in the title. I'm slow this weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game looks great. Alas, just checked on Steam and it's "unavailable on my current platform" :( Curse me and my insistence on non-Microsoft operating systems!

Ooooooone more:

Advertisement