Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless connection problems with Mac

Options
  • 10-09-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm having problems connecting my Mac laptop to the wireless in my house. It recognises the network but when it comes to entering the password, the following shows up; Error joining the selected Airport network"
    I connected the laptop to the router but It still won't recognise the password.
    Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

Ann-Marie wrote: »
    I'm having problems connecting my Mac laptop to the wireless in my house. It recognises the network but when it comes to entering the password, the following shows up; Error joining the selected Airport network"
    I connected the laptop to the router but It still won't recognise the password.
    Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Maybe this will help, but not too sure: Make sure you have the WPA key number entered. You'll find this on the router. It only needs to be done once and then it remembers it. You could also try disconnecting the router and turning it on again. Failing that you should contact your service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

its seems that your mac laptop doesn't support the encryption that you are using at the moment. log in to the router and change the encryption to WPA-PSK and the authentication to TKIP, this seemed to be popular and compatible with all devices

Advertisement