Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester United 11/9/10- KO 12.45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

I wonder will Scholes be playing more of an advanced midfield role. Might be interesting to watch if he has less defensive responsibility what with the form he's in. Berbatov will have to hold the line up front if we are to have any penetration. *checks opportunities for Rooney jokes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney not playing is not bad IMO he be liable to get sent off here and miss the next 3 games

Well let's not play him at all to make sure he doesn't get sent off.

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Whats up with Chico?

I think SAF was always likely to go with a 5 man MF for this one so I don't think Chicho's exclusion reflects on anything. Under normal circumstances Berb prob would have been left out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

shano_88 wrote: »
    Playing JOS in midfield says alot about Fergusons faith in Gibson and Crrick.

carrick is injuried .i thought gibson would have started with josh at left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

niallk wrote: »
    I think SAF was always likely to go with a 5 man MF for this one so I don't think Chicho's exclusion reflects on anything. Under normal circumstances Berb prob would have been left out.

Yeah, but not even on the bench though? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

adox wrote: »
    Well let's not play him at all to make sure he doesn't get sent off.
    Silly comment man 30000 fans screaming abuse at you , he nearly got sent off few seasons back for a foul then they started screaming at him and he kissed his badge and the ref gave him a last warning . Especially with all this with his personal life going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Rooney not playing is not bad IMO he be liable to get sent off here and miss the next 3 games

I wonder why he has left him out, suppose they will make it out to be an injury, or maybe they will be honest and say it is for personal reasons.

Either ways, his 3 games for Man Utd since the news broke big were lined up as

Everton,
    Rangers,
    Liverpool,

He is going to receive abuse at all 3 of those games if he plays, so essentially protecting him is the same as a 3 game ban.

I'm not going to question a managers decision as he is best placed to make that decison, we still don't know whether Rooney ruled himself out, but i really think he needs to come out fighting, I would have played him.

I think Valencia and Chicho's absences can be explained by jet-lag. Doesn't matter for Park so much as this would be like an evening match with his body clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Everyone's going on about the United team? Everton are at home and I presume are playing Heitinga in midfield, and no striker???

I presume Cahill will be furthest forward but he's not the kind of guy who leads the line on his own IMO.

Annoyingly cautious from both teams. As a neutral, I suspect another boring early Saturday kick-off. Wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 or someone getting a peno or something to win 1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

yabadabado wrote: »
    carrick is injuried .i thought gibson would have started with josh at left back.

went for the ninja edit when i saw Carrick was injured!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

:(

Whatever about competitive international matches, those fucking friendlies are a waste. No Valencia or Hernandez.

Balls.

Very negative team for united.

0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

niallk wrote: »
    Doesn't matter for Park so much as this would be like an evening match with his body clock.

and the fact that he has an extra lung.....he could fly to the moon monday and still be fit for tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Also, Is valencia injured?

rooney not playing is only increasing the pressure on him for next week against liverpool.at least if he played today and we got a result with him performing it would show the pressure wasnt affecting him.the abuse he gets next weekend will be unreal.

• Advertisement

"12 - Manchester United have won 12 of their last 16 Premier League games without Wayne Rooney in the side, losing just once. Missing" opta stat from twitter happy now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Rooney's absence could be down to this more than anything...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100910/ten-coleen-rooney-fears-for-little-siste-ea4616c.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Really strange team. With a bit of thought though, most of SAF's decisions probably seem right.

Still reasonably confident, going for a 2-0. Berbs and Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

LOL SAF...we're not playing Rooney cause he gets terrible abuse at Goodison.

Amazing. WTF

Fergie on Sky Sports saying he is not playing him because of the abuse he gets there, and they don't want to subject him to that,

Sky reported at the start that Fergie said yesterday he was coming to Everton,

If they are not playing him for that reason what a cop out that is,

Even Man Utd can't afford to drop one of their best players for that reason, Everton look a decent bet now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The shop steward should have a word if thats the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

in fergie we trust.
    I must admit that i expected Rooney to at least start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol at Fergie's reasons for leaving Rooney out. He's nearly 25 and brought it on himself FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Stupid thing to say, it's just going to lead to him getting more abuse everywhere else now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

8-10 wrote: »
    Everyone's going on about the United team? Everton are at home and I presume are playing Heitinga in midfield, and no striker???

I presume Cahill will be furthest forward but he's not the kind of guy who leads the line on his own IMO.

Annoyingly cautious from both teams. As a neutral, I suspect another boring early Saturday kick-off. Wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 or someone getting a peno or something to win 1-0.

Everton don't have a choice. Yakubu and Saha both injured (although Yak made the bench), Beckford not yet up to it. We reached the FA Cup final playing no "recognised" strikers exactly like today, and we had no problem scoring goals.

Heitinga is getting forward a lot too, he's desperate to score a goal for some reason. Just because you yourself aren't used to a player in a certain position doesn't mean he can't play well in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Nani needs to have a good game.

Vidic with the armband ? Even though Neville playing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Samba wrote: »
    Rooney's absence could be down to this more than anything...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100910/ten-coleen-rooney-fears-for-little-siste-ea4616c.html

At least I had hoped it was ;)

Lame decision and comments from Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Very worried about the team selection with the same gripes as most about O'Shea, Rooney, Valencia, Chicharito. Ridiculous decision/reasoning regarding Rooney.

Nani is key.

Vidic with the armband ? Even though Neville playing ?

proper order imo.i think the club captaincy should have been taken off neville,he does'nt play enough ogf games anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

anyone know where ya can watch this online? i'm in seattle at the moment ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rooney is coming back from a disappointing end to last season. His confidence migh not be at an all time high now. Its clear that the crowd does affect him, you seen him after the England game in the World Cup where they were booed. Ferguson is nobody's fool in fairness, he knows his players and he has handled some troublesome individuals in his time, see Keane and Cantona.

I guess he is looking at the long term picture. Rooney does get horrid abuse there, he could lose the head and get sent off or make a couple of mistakes and it drains his confidence which wouldn't be at an all time high at the moment.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Very worried about the team selection with the same gripes as most about O'Shea, Rooney, Valencia, Chicharito. Ridiculous decision/reasoning regarding Rooney.

Nani is key.

In fairness, Ferguson usually does the right thing in these kind of situations so...lets see.

anyone know where ya can watch this online? i'm in seattle at the moment ha
    Top of the main forum there is a thread where you will get sorted.

I'm surprised came out with that, rather than "he picked up a knock in midweek" babble.

I suppose he's being honest in a way, although the way he said it sounded ridiculous. He left out the part about Rooneys recent alleged exploits.

Still a cop out IMO unless Rooney wasn't up to it himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nooo.... e better win this or Rooney will be crucified.

yabadabado wrote: »
    proper order imo.i think the club captaincy should have been taken off neville,he does'nt play enough ogf games anymore.

My brother just said rio is the club captain now ? He's prob talking bull though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Good start by Everton

Gary Neville is a ticking timebomb in defense, should of retired after last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Why when Nani was on the wing there why was Berba beside him and not in the box? Pure stupidity...

Jesus I never realised Osman was so old. Kinda thought he was still around 22. Looks about 45...:pac:

Great block by Evans,

Everton look excellent so far.

United losing out in midfield, and not having much up when they go forward, they don't seem to have that pace you expect on the counter either.

The one thing that annoys me about Evans block there is that they call it a great block but when its a team outside the top 8 playing one of the big teams they would be calling it a handball and saying it should be a penalty.

Now I think it was a great block by the way, just a point about biased commentary.

JOS!! Unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

what a hit :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Close for JOS

F*ck that was close JOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

eagle eye wrote: »
    The one thing that annoys me about Evans block there is that they call it a great block but when its a team outside the top 8 playing one of the big teams they would be calling it a handball and saying it should be a penalty.

Now I think it was a great block by the way, just a point about biased commentary.

Not that you're at all biased, being a supporter of one of these smaller teams.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Good effort!!

eagle eye wrote: »

It didn't touch his hand or arm though? Think you are being a little paranoid there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement