Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester United 11/9/10- KO 12.45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

fúcking sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

**** defending cost United the win.

What a finish.

Hairdryer on full whack I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

adox wrote: »
    Trying not to over react but, that feels like a title defining moment.

Would you relax! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FFS GAry Neville, right after the kick-off at 3-2, he receives the ball, and instead of keeping things calm, he launches it upfield instead.

Rediculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Moyes went bananas, and I think he was right. Everton were in full flight on the last chance of the match and he blew it up...

As a United fan though I let out a sigh of relief that he did blow it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wtf was Fergie thinking anyway, why leave Scholes and Giggs on that long.He had Gibson ready to come on at one point and left him there.Blame on him as I see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Everton deserved the draw despite the ref siding with Utd again. Every 50-50 challenge went the way of Utd and numerous Utd players should have gotten booked. Well done Everton and up yours ferguson.

Brilliant stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fergie is gonna kill someone. United shouldn't have been so blase about finishing the game at 3-1, they had further chances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

haha I only saw the end and it was 3-1 to Man U. checked again and it was 3-3. What a shambles by the reds.

made my day :D

• Advertisement

Trying not to over react but, that feels like a title defining moment.

LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fair result in the end, thought everton deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Are you f**king serious? I turn to the Hamburg game with 4 minutes left and I miss an epic comeback?!

Seamus have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

**** me i feel sick.that was 2 points dropped ,we should have finished them off with the changes nani and berbatov had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

ntlbell wrote: »
    oh please stop talking nonsense

So you're saying conceding two last minute goals and dropping two points isn't important in a championship race?

It doesn't matter when you drop them, if you drop them they're still vital. We should have been home and hosed ages ago but stupidity cost us.

You don't win titles by dropping silly points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

titan18 wrote: »
    Wtf was Fergie thinking anyway, why leave Scholes and Giggs on that long.He had Gibson ready to come on at one point and left him there.Blame on him as I see it
    You can't blame anybody for that, its just a freak occurrence.

Moyes went bananas, and I think he was right. Everton were in full flight on the last chance of the match and he blew it up...

As a United fan though I let out a sigh of relief that he did blow it up

Well utd went all out to win from the corner, it was 4 on 2 there at the end, very sloppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

wtf///

gotta love Everton...! I sense an hairdryer explosion from saf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Crazy. I didn't even crack a smile when we scored the 2nd. It's only a point though, we're still in the relegation zone, so I'm not going to be celebrating too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hope Fergsuon crushes the defence.

Ask Berbatov to leave early as he has been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

rarnes1 wrote: »
    LOL :D

Yeah I know and I should know better. A real step away from the keyboard moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

And now to unsubscribe from this thread. Gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Some amount of schadenfraude in here. I'm not a United fan but Goodison is a tough place to go to notwithstanding the way the win was ****ed away there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Berbatov's goal was pretty sweet but it was the last 2 mins of that match that made me jizz, epic stuff :pac:

eagle eye wrote: »

I dont know it was very sloppy from utd, no professional team should let 2 goals in injury time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wow that was dramatic. Gary Neville you let your team down for both goals allowing the cross too readily.
    Everton had lost all ambition to get something out of the game. Should have been routine possession keeping by United. I would hate to be in that dressing room right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

So you're saying conceding two last minute goals and dropping two points isn't important in a championship race?

It doesn't matter when you drop them, if you drop them they're still vital. We should have been home and hosed ages ago but stupidity cost us.

You don't win titles by dropping silly points.

we're in game 4 of 38 2 points gained on results at the same grounds last year where we lost both games?

now stop talking utter nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Warper wrote: »
    Everton deserved the draw despite the ref siding with Utd again. Every 50-50 challenge went the way of Utd and numerous Utd players should have gotten booked. Well done Everton and up yours ferguson.

Brilliant stuff

You did actually see the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

cec4c33491on-001.jpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Absolutely sickened by the last few minutes, fergie should be breaking out the hairdryer treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Awesome!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hilarious stuff.

Utd dropping silly points though this season to late goals. I know it's early, but that kind of stuff can cost them at the end of it all.

What's that, four points behind Chelsea already? Haven't looked at the league table. I'd say there's some serious hairdrying treatment going on in the Utd dressing room right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Columbia wrote: »
    Well in Moyes, wait until the precise moment that it's too f***ing late, and then bring on Yak and Coleman, top class management there.

Haha^^^

Delighted for Everton.

Hard grafters the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

edit ^^^^^ shhhhhhhhhh!! :o
    8-10 wrote: »
    Everyone's going on about the United team? Everton are at home and I presume are playing Heitinga in midfield, and no striker???

I presume Cahill will be furthest forward but he's not the kind of guy who leads the line on his own IMO.

Annoyingly cautious from both teams. As a neutral, I suspect another boring early Saturday kick-off. Wouldn't be surprised at 0-0 or someone getting a peno or something to win 1-0.

Top call there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Load a gash from ref there, this time last year United beat City 4-3 in the fifth minute of three added and we are told the ref added time for the City goal and celeb.

Today Everton score two in injury time and the ref blows up 20 seconds after the three minutes with Everton attacking.

You did actually see the game?

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss

And I'll say it again Up yours Ferguson - good decision leaving Rooney out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hilarious stuff.

Utd dropping silly points though this season to late goals. I know it's early, but that kind of stuff can cost them at the end of it all.

What's that, four points behind Chelsea already? Haven't looked at the league table. I'd say there's some serious hairdrying treatment going on in the Utd dressing room right now!

One behind Chelsea but a win means 4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ya the ref should get a right bollocking from the powers above for that. Disgraceful.

eagle eye wrote: »

Leaving Scholes,Giggs and Neville on the pitch that long.One of them should have at least been taken off.Could have easily brought on Gibson, he was ready to come on at one point too, but was sent back.Scholes looked tired towards the end and he was left on.

As bad as Evra was today, Neville was worse on the other side, at least Evra can run for 90 minutes too.If changes had been made, that might not have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

this time last year United beat City 4-3 in the fifth minute of three added

Revisionism on a major scale there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Load a gash from ref there, this time last year United beat City 4-3 in the fifth minute of three added and we are told the ref added time for the City goal and celeb.

Today Everton score two in injury time and the ref blows up 20 seconds after the three minutes with Everton attacking.

The players played on though and Everton missed, i don't see what Moyes got so worked up over,

3-1 down to 3-3 you think he would have been happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

cson wrote: »
    Some amount of schadenfraude in here.

schadenfreude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Poor poor collapse from Man United. They were cruising it. Poor show from the ref as well, he should have easily added another minute for the goal celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

That's why this sport is the best in the world. ****ing love it.

Great game!

The players played on though and Everton missed, i don't see what Moyes got so worked up over,

3-1 down to 3-3 you think he would have been happy.

Overall he will be delighted. Everton looked dead and buried with 10 mins left, brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Pretty sure, there was only 2 minutes added on and then the ref added on another minute after that for the goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Great finish for the neutral, I'm a lot more calm now than I was about 10 minutesago, that's for certain.:)

But, fúck sake like, what the fúck was Neville thinking and what in the name of all that is holy were the defence doing for Arteta's goal?!?!

Great performance from Berba, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

the players didnt hear the whistle.
    the attack continued and no goal was scored.

it's irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Finical wrote: »
    That's why this sport is the best in the world. ****ing love it.

Great game!

Welcome to boards Andy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

First he was like
    Sir-Alex-Ferguson.jpg

Then he was like
    FergusonG2608_468x632.jpg

Now he's like
    sir-alex-ferguson_1360163c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement