Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Manchester United 11/9/10- KO 12.45pm

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

judas101 wrote: »
    schadenfreude

All for one letter?

Good man yourself; give yourself a pat on the back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

ntlbell wrote: »
    we're in game 4 of 38 2 points gained on results at the same grounds last year where we lost both games?

now stop talking utter nonsense.

Oh sorry, I bow to your overwhelming knowledge of football. :rolleyes:

This isn't last year. We were two goals up and threw it away. I'm not saying that's the title gone, I'm saying - if we keep doing stupid things like that then we'll be watching Chelsea pick up the trophy again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Way way too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Sickener, stopped watching with 5 mins to go. i switch back to see moyes throwing a wobbler, nothing new there, but then I see arteta and cahill applauding the fans. Why, would they do that I thought, then the score comes up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That ending was awesome :D

Tim Cahill is an absolute hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

We were two goals up and threw it away.
    This is whats hardest to take. It was bad enough conceding a goal lead against Fulham late on but to throw away a 2 goal lead in injury time is plain reckless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Columbia wrote: »
    Crazy. I didn't even crack a smile when we scored the 2nd. It's only a point though, we're still in the relegation zone, so I'm not going to be celebrating too much.

im still in lol mode...

no one ****s with Everton..! even rooney*.

he is busy with others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

This isn't last year. We were two goals up and threw it away. I'm not saying that's the title gone, I'm saying - if we keep doing stupid things like that then we'll be watching Chelsea pick up the trophy again.

I think all of the top clubs will drop a whole stack of points this season, in pretty much a continuation of last season's form. A draw away to a club who are (supposedly...) top 4 challengers won't cost you the title. Wouldn't be too surprised if Chelsea drop points at Goodison too. Total sickener for you, United definitely deserved the 3pts, but today will be a distant memory come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

ffs 3-1 up and look like scoring 4 and 5 on the break then to piss it all away in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The season is not over yet...but we did lose it last year by a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if me aunty grows a pair of balls she'll be my uncle

do you not think chelsea will have problems at some stage no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

There can be no positive spin put on what happened United today, regardless of how early it is in the season, or how many points they got at Goodison last season,

No side should be throwing away a 2 goal lead in that fashion, nevermind one with title aspirations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    First he was like
    Sir-Alex-Ferguson.jpg

Then he was like
    FergusonG2608_468x632.jpg

Now he's like
    sir-alex-ferguson_1360163c.jpg

I lost! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

ntlbell wrote: »
    if me aunty grows a pair of balls she'll be my uncle

do you not think chelsea will have problems at some stage no?
    There can be no positive spin put on what happened United today, regardless of how early it is in the season, or how many points they got at Goodison last season,

No side should be throwing away a 2 goal lead in that fashion, nevermind one with title aspirations.

This.

Yeah Chelsea will have problems/slip ups at some stage, but no point if they make slip ups and we're close enough to capitilise. Instead, if we go on to lose the title you'll most likely blame it on a draw in April/May. They all matter.

If we had managed to come back from 1-0 and grabbed an equaliser I'd have seen it as a point gained, but not when you're two up in injury time. Where's your brain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

cson wrote: »
    All for one letter?

Good man yourself; give yourself a pat on the back. :rolleyes:

I was pointing out an example of Muphry's Law.

Using a fancy word that many people don't know the meaning of and misspelling it.

To get back on topic, I don't particularly think it was management genius on the part of Moyes or bad management by Fergie.

Mad stuff just happens in football.

It's impossible to manage the thousands of random events in a game of footie which influence the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Injury time summed up
    Sir-Alex-Ferguson-001.jpg
    Tim-a-roo-001.jpg
    pg-70-fergie-reuter_344373t.jpg
    113MikelArteta_468x247-300x158.jpg
    fergieDM0102_468x768.jpg
    davidmoyes_18345t.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I was pointing out an example of Muphry's Law.

Using a fancy word that many people don't know the meaning of and misspelling it.

Hee Hee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

If Utd lose the title by one or two points,this game will definitely be the one that comes back to haunt them.

Overall,it was a good display of football from both teams.Everton looked the hungrier side to me as they kept plugging away even when 3-1 down.

Funny thing is,it all went downhill once Evra was taken off.Gary Neville has been a liability for a long time now in my opinion and he was suspect for the 2 late goals.

Also,Nani has to be one of the most selfish players on that Utd team.On one particular occasion he could have picked out a pass by switching it in the box to send it home but chose to blast it over from an acute angle.The hallmarks of a mé féiner.

I don't support any team in the PL but I am happy for Everton to have snatched a deserving draw.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hee Hee!

Hee Hee yourself

The law is called Muphry's law, not to be confused with Murphy's law.

Here's an example

NoExcetions.jpg

Apologies for dragging off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Bloody subbed Cahill for Rooney on FF yesterday....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Has anyone got a link to the highlites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hee Hee yourself

The law is called Muphry's law, not to be confused with Murphy's law.

Here's an example

NoExcetions.jpg

Apologies for dragging off topic

It was Murphys law that It was actually Muphreys law after Monkey9 pointed it out.

adox wrote: »
    It was Murphys law that It was actually Muphreys law after Monkey9 pointed it out.

Indeed, but I didn't feel like explaining why that's funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Well pissed off I am.

Everton just hustled and harried our midfield out of the game for long stretches today. Giggs didn't have nearly enough influence on the game and Scholes and Fletcher were overrun at times. Games like today show up the problems with Scholes' age.

United's defence was also fairly creaky. Evra had one of those mad/shìte games he has now and again. And Vidic looks to be missing the organisation of Rio these days.

On the plus side Berbatov is getting better and better, I had him as my MON even before his lovely goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Looking back, I think the thing I am most annoyed about is Gary Neville. The ball came to him, with 2 minutes left, and we had a one goal advantage, and he ****ing whacks it up the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

titan18 wrote: »
    Pretty sure, there was only 2 minutes added on and then the ref added on another minute after that for the goals.

Did you watch the game on mute? It was clearly audible what was announced in the stadium and the commentator repeated it too emphasizing 'a minimum of'. Regardless of the outcome of that attack it was a shocking decision by the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

one of the worst decisions ive seen that should/could of been a goal. and thats comin from a united supporter thinks its time that rule gets looked at as it happened in the spurs vs chelsea cc final aswell. it should be set so the game doesnt finish until the ball is out of play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The ref blows up when time is up in his opinion. Doesnt matter if the ball is halfway over the line at the time. You cant add on time that isnt due coz someones attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I want the referee to come out and explain why exactly he blew up right as the ball was played to an unmarked man inside the box. People will say "he missed, its irrelevant, blah blah", but the fact of it is that it isn't bloody well irrelevant, because there is nothing to stop it happening again.

It's not like it's a once-off either. Don't know if many other fans know/remember this, but the incident is very, very similar to one from a Merseyside derby a few years back. Liverpool goalkick in the final seconds, deflects off the back of an Everton player and goes in, only for it to quickly emerge that the referee had blown up for full time while the ball was on its way into the net, ending the game in a draw. I'm not saying this only happens to Everton by any means, but that it is a completely unfair aspect of the game, and not just one freak occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It happens coz its the rules. Easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Columbia wrote: »
    I want the referee to come out and explain why exactly he blew up right as the ball was played to an unmarked man inside the box. People will say "he missed, its irrelevant, blah blah", but the fact of it is that it isn't bloody well irrelevant, because there is nothing to stop it happening again.

It's not like it's a once-off either. Don't know if many other fans know/remember this, but the incident is very, very similar to one from a Merseyside derby a few years back. Liverpool goalkick in the final seconds, deflects off the back of an Everton player and goes in, only for it to quickly emerge that the referee had blown up for full time while the ball was on its way into the net, ending the game in a draw. I'm not saying this only happens to Everton by any means, but that it is a completely unfair aspect of the game, and not just one freak occurrence.

I remember that...hit Don Hutchinson on the back and was heading into the net when the ref blew up...shocking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement