Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooking apple jam

Options
  • 10-09-2010 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi everyone...
    In my friend's garden there here is a beautiful cooking apple tree...
    My friend told me it's a apple in Ireland they use mainly for apple tart.
    i recognized the fruit and in Italy (specially in the south) we use it to make jam.... I was doing some research in Google in English but nobody seems to know anything about the jam from cooking apples.
    Is there anybody here that knows anything about this?
    I was quite curious to see if it is truly something used for baking only and that nobody here or in England never thought of making the jam out of it. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Do you mean an apple jelly made out of brambly apples(probably the one your friend has in her garden) Usually the apple flesh is boiled up with water then the water is strained measured and for example if you have 1ltr of liquid you add 1 kg of sugar and boil it up til it reaches setting point. The jelly can be flavoured with cloves, rosemary, cinnamon, elderberry, chili and lots of other things.

Advertisement