Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 206 NCT Nightmare

• 10-09-2010 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

My 02 206 1.4 needs some serious attention in the suspension area(front & rear)Garage suggests new/good used rear axle beam.All-in sounds v.costly.What about reconditioned? What does reconditioning involve? How do you recondition something that is beyond repair/dangerously worn? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Tom Slick

I didn't know I could reply to myself.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭feelites

what does need replacing/repairing? did they tell u anything more than 'suspension' ???

if not, then maybe change your mechanic to somebody who can point worn parts, instead of suggesting to change everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

What happens is the rear axle bushings let in water and wear which cause the rear wheels to sit out on the bottom of the wheel and the top of the wheel can rub up against the body....the bushings can be replaced but there is alot of labour involved which adds to the cost of repair...Its cheaper to get a good secondhand or a reconditioned axle and get it fitted.

Advertisement