Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BB options

• 10-09-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Hoping for a couple of pointers. I'm in the middle of moving BB providers and am thinking of going back to Eircom (from BT / vodafone at the moment) after a few years. However, I've also recently added a internet TV and a BD live capable blu ray player so I was thinking of getting a new router.

Can someone recommend a router that could handle the following:

Through Ethernet: 1 PC ; 1 TV & 1 Blu ray player (occasionally only so I guess this isn't that important).

Over WIFI - 3 Laptops, PS3, Xbox 360, Internet Radio, iPhones etc.

Can you have a router that can have a normal wireless network b/g etc and also a wireless N network? And also have a few wired ethernet devices?

Or will I be able to do all this with the standard router that Eircom will provide?

Cheers.

Advertisement