Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend a good VoIP capable router

Options
  • 11-09-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Basically my old one is rubbish and Im looking to buy a reasonably priced VoIP capable router.

Any Advice.

Its just for home and it doesn't need to be top of the range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

......Im looking to buy a reasonably priced VoIP capable router.

What do you mean by a "VoIP capable" router? Do you mean a router that actually has phone ports built in or a router that can prioritise VoIP traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

bhickey wrote: »
    What do you mean by a "VoIP capable" router? Do you mean a router that actually has phone ports built in or a router that can prioritise VoIP traffic?

Phone ports built in I think.
    What does the other one mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Phone ports built in I think.
    What does the other one mean?

It just means that the voice traffic gets priority over other Internet traffic so that if there's a lot of activity on your broadband with people uploading/downloading then the voice quality isn't affected.

Anyway, if you're using Blueface for your VoIP (which most people are) then they do the Linksys WRP400 wireless ATA/Router here which does pretty much everything you might need.

Advertisement