Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight (I think not), Bisexual or Gay?

Options
  • 11-09-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a closeted female in my twenties and have never been in a relationship/had sex with anyone.

I definitely like women. Every time I fancy someone, it's a woman. I picture myself being in a relationship with a woman, and not a man.

On the other hand, the abstract thought of sleeping with a man does not repulse me and sometimes it almost seems appealing (could be purely social conditioning). Still, I have never actually been attracted to a specific man. I have no interest in pursuing a relationship with a man. I don't like how men look, feel or smell...

I'm not exactly trying to label myself. I'm just looking for help sorting through my thoughts. Personally, I would probably call myself a lesbian. Probably.

I'm not distressed about this. I'm just musing, really, and would appreciate it if others could share their thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Your thought process seems fairly similar to what mine was when I was about 18 or so.

Don't worry about labelling yourself - it seems like you swing more than a little towards the ladies, but just go with the flow. Things will become clearer over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

it seems like you swing more than a little towards the ladies

How true of me. :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm really glad someone could relate!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's good you feel like you don't have to label yourself, although other people (in my experience) do tend to want to label you and put you in a nice neat little box. I was in your position when I was in my late teens. I always knew I was attracted to women but I wasn't ready to deal with it or didn't know how to deal with it or what I should do (this was nearly 10 years ago when things were a bit different and I was a country girl with little experience of anything)....I tried dating guys, not seriously.....or more accurately I would never allow it to get serious.

It was a slow coming to terms with it for me, although like you I was never distressed or freaking out about it at all, in fact once I had admitted it to myself, it was more a feeling of calm. Soon after I met a girl, and that was the end of that!

Advertisement