Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a loan...

Options
  • 11-09-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,
    I'm about to graduate and i have a notion of going on the j1 this summer. My question is could i get a loan from any bank even if i havent saved with them on the basis that im i have a job guarenteed after i get back ? I'm obviously clueless on this so any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

jg72 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm about to graduate and i have a notion of going on the j1 this summer. My question is could i get a loan from any bank even if i havent saved with them on the basis that im i have a job guarenteed after i get back ? I'm obviously clueless on this so any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks

ok first am i missing something as this summer is just over so i presume this is for next summer.

You will find it very hard to get a loan even with a job guarantee. Most people with permanent jobs are finding it hard to get a loan at all.

You havent even started the job and nothing is guaranteed untill you are in there and permanent and i say that from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How are you going to make repayments over the summer??

Simple answer to your question is No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Actually you will find that you will pobably get a loan from any of the major banks if you apply. AIB/BOI etc.

Students are the one group which banks love to loan out money to as its a sure way of getting your business in the future, i.e. current account etc. They will probably offer you a payment freeze until you get back to work/finish your course, during which time interest will be accruing of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tails142 wrote: »
    Actually you will find that you will pobably get a loan from any of the major banks if you apply. AIB/BOI etc.

Students are the one group which banks love to loan out money to as its a sure way of getting your business in the future, i.e. current account etc. They will probably offer you a payment freeze until you get back to work/finish your course, during which time interest will be accruing of course.

IMO this is not correct.

Unless you are a student doctor by any chance OP????

Anyhoo! Best of luck trying. Sure let us know how you get on.

Advertisement