Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building works in Kilnacourt house, Portarlington

Options
  • 11-09-2010 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

It's ten past two in the morning, and they're still out there making a bloody racket :mad::mad: Granted, it's Friday night but some of us work weekends... (ie, moi)

Does anybody know who/where to send a strongly worded email about this? I'm not normally a moaner, but the works are going on smack bang in the middle of a housing estate - they can't expect people to have to put up with it. I live a row of houses away from it, and the noise is like a loud buzzing; it's too loud for daytime, never mind the middle of the night. I'm very cheesed off right now! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

seems to have stopped now.... thank God! Off to sleep, I hope. (Still annoyed though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Minxie123

They were at it at 5 this morning! The noise of the generators is too much :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the first port of call is straight to the contractors who are doing this work... complain officially in writing to them... and try to get its sorted amicably...

next...
    there is sometimes a condition included in these types of planning permissions which restricts working hours to certain times, check if there is such a condition.... if there is then focus complaints to the building control section of laois county council. I would investigate this as the second avenue....

there also may be a situation in which the developers have been granted a license for this out of hours work under an EPA license... this would be highly conditional stressing strict decibel levels to be adhered to.... but in all honest works at 2.10am would never be allowed.... check this next

see here

if the noise comes under noise pollution then you need to ring the guards and make a complaint... even if they cannot visit the sit, ask them to log the complaint as evidence in case it went further...

Thanks for that info, Syd - if it re-occurs, I'll be getting on to them about it! I've heard that it's an 18 month build, and they're what, four or five months in, so there's a while to go yet!

I heard that the reason that they were working so late was that they had poured concrete that day and had to keep working through before it set. Hopefully that's the end of the late nights!

• Advertisement

Hopefully!! T'would have been nice of them to stick a few notes in doors if they knew they were going to be working all night, but there you are!

They were at it again last night till after 1am.... it's getting reeeealy annoying now!

I couldn't believe it! After me saying that I thought it might be the last of it. I think I might have jinxed it :(

Advertisement