Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you racist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

This thread has been incredibly enlightening to me. Enlightening but also troubling.

I will be arriving in Dublin in a week to study in a Master's program for the next year.

I'm a descendant of slaves who has long lost any connection to any African tribe or country.

So, what has me troubled is that after reading through this thread, I can't develop a perception of what my experience may be in a week; will people presume that I am a female from Nigeria or some other African country because of my dark skin? Will people prove to be more tolerant once I open my mouth and my slightly southern, moderately midwestern American accent bursts out? Or, will I just be the biggest **** pile ever because I'm Black and I'm American... and I'm plump to boot!

I don't harbor any illusion that this message board is representative of an entire population; yet, I do understand that the anonymous nature of message boards permit people to share private thoughts and feelings more readily than they would in a face to face conversation.

Not trying to derail the thread but I'm just incredibly curious at this point.
    with a name like killer wench i get the feeling your setting your self up for a fall, no such thing as racism, it not an actual living breathing thing that is followed, it an attitude, there are more people against vegetarians and vice versa, than there are against race, or people against big noses, tattoos and ear piercings, your creating a debate out of something purely etheric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

profitius wrote: »
    So you don't believe in race. Then nobody can be racist so according to your beliefs..

People do display bigotry to those they believe or contend belong to "inferior races". Thus, racism exists even though a scientific basis for their crap does not. A bit like Astrology, but nastier.
    To answer your questions, almost everybody believes Europeans to be White. Swedes are nordic and Italians are not. Even the White race can be divided into sub groups.

"almost everybody" isn't exactly the gold standard of Academia. You seem to be confusing half arsed shite talk with researched facts.

Swedes are (largely) scandanavian, as is Norway, Iceland etc. Northern Italians are generally light skinned, Southern Italians tend to be darker. "Italian" is not a race. Neither is "Swede". Nationality and "race" are not the same thing.

Furthermore, the pseudo science of Apartheid decided that - for reasons I'm not familiar with - the Portugese were not "white". It would seem you aren't even familiar with racist 'mythology'.

For the third time - there is no scientific basis for the phrase 'white race'. You haven't even attempted to provide any, showing once again the rather threadbare backing for your supposed case.
    Take a look around Dublin. You'll notice the difference between now and 20 years ago. Not all are asylum seekers. Take the Asians for example. They seem to just waltz in no problem. I bet their real numbers are unknown.

Theres around 30,000 chinese. They're here because of an agreement with the PRC. What you "bet" really has no bearing on reality - particularily in view of some of your other pronouncements.
    Asylum systems? Thats a myth. There are no systems just an occasional asylum seeker is sent home so it looks like they're being checked.

So Western Europe is engaged in a conspiracy to pretend theres no asylum system....Yes, quite.
    You should come to the conspiracy theories section a bit. You'd be shocked at what really goes on. ;)

What really goes on in the conspiracy theories section? Some people who say that the accepted facts are a lie, the people are being fooled, and that they have the real truth. Which, of course, makes them that bit special and a bit better than the rest.
    Check out the CFR (..........)because they own.

So, to cut to the chase, is it the Jews?

I think you may be right about Switzerland and Norway, but I'm pretty sure that the rest have unlimited immigration. You may be defining your version of unlimited immigration to denote countries outside the EEC, but Ireland is certainly obliged to allow as many Germans/British in as want to live here and vice/versa.

The majority of countries decided against allowing unlimited access by citizens of the accession states (Poland etc). Britain and Ireland were two exceptions.

Yes, theres free movement of labour between the other states, and its had little impact.

This thread has been incredibly enlightening to me. Enlightening but also troubling.

I will be arriving in Dublin in a week to study in a Master's program for the next year.

I'm a descendant of slaves who has long lost any connection to any African tribe or country.

So, what has me troubled is that after reading through this thread, I can't develop a perception of what my experience may be in a week; will people presume that I am a female from Nigeria or some other African country because of my dark skin? Will people prove to be more tolerant once I open my mouth and my slightly southern, moderately midwestern American accent bursts out? Or, will I just be the biggest **** pile ever because I'm Black and I'm American... and I'm plump to boot!

I don't harbor any illusion that this message board is representative of an entire population; yet, I do understand that the anonymous nature of message boards permit people to share private thoughts and feelings more readily than they would in a face to face conversation.

Given the level of ignorance and general knuckle draggery associated with racists, your contact with same during a year of college doing a masters is likely to be minimal. Try not to point any resemblance between them and extant primates though...it upsets them, and they are sensitive creatures at heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Orange69 wrote: »
    The condescending self righteousness is here is astounding.

How? Explain.....

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    I live in south dublin (a decent part).

That explains it! In most other parts of Ireland, that doesn't happen.

spaceman67 wrote: »
    So respect people that come here and work for pennies here, cause there is a lot of abuse going on here ,you not much better historically you were immigrating like there was no tommorrow, and from what I see so many of you trying to leave for canada,australia or whatever, but in your minds you the best :)))))

I didn't see any "abuse" going on here, just healthy debate. You'd want to reel in that tongue lad.

peatcass wrote: »
    I'm personally not racist, but country folk who fear hate dubs just because of where they're from gets my goat.

There's more to it than that. Most Dubs who move to the country are arseholes.

CorkMan wrote: »
    What is the term for robots who hate humans?

Terminators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry, you'll be fine.

IMO racism is dead. The boss of planet Earth is black (Obama), so there are no more barriers to break down, or at least only small ones. We will all be one race someday anyway, the sooner the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Nodin wrote: »
    People do display bigotry to those they believe or contend belong to "inferior races". Thus, racism exists even though a scientific basis for their crap does not. A bit like Astrology, but nastier.

"almost everybody" isn't exactly the gold standard of Academia. You seem to be confusing half arsed shite talk with researched facts.

Stop changing the subject. I said theres differences I didn't say anything about Whites being superior.

If you want to bury your head in the sand an pretend there's no such thing as race then do. Do you realise how it makes you look?

You want proof? Well every species are divided into groups according to their genes. Some are similar, theres many types of monkeys for example. Theres different kinds of fish too. If I ask for a cod I don't expect to get a salmon. But according to you humans are all the same despite being so obviously different. As I said if you want to believe that do.

Nodin wrote:
    Swedes are (largely) scandanavian, as is Norway, Iceland etc. Northern Italians are generally light skinned, Southern Italians tend to be darker. "Italian" is not a race. Neither is "Swede". Nationality and "race" are not the same thing.

So you're pointing out differences etween Italians but then saying theres no such thing as race. ;)
    Nodin wrote:
    Furthermore, the pseudo science of Apartheid decided that - for reasons I'm not familiar with - the Portugese were not "white". It would seem you aren't even familiar with racist 'mythology'.

Why would I be?
    Nodin wrote:
    For the third time - there is no scientific basis for the phrase 'white race'. You haven't even attempted to provide any, showing once again the rather threadbare backing for your supposed case.

See above.
    Nodin wrote:
    Theres around 30,000 chinese. They're here because of an agreement with the PRC. What you "bet" really has no bearing on reality - particularily in view of some of your other pronouncements.

Theres more than 30,000 Chinese. They become citizens and bring their family over. Also you have the bogus marrige scams and also you have people from other Asian countries not to mention those not registered.
    Nodin wrote:
    So Western Europe is engaged in a conspiracy to pretend theres no asylum system....Yes, quite.

No, I said they don't care about borders because they want cheap labour to make money. As always they'll throw one or two out so it looks like they're doing something.
    Nodin wrote:
    What really goes on in the conspiracy theories section? Some people who say that the accepted facts are a lie, the people are being fooled, and that they have the real truth. Which, of course, makes them that bit special and a bit better than the rest.

They're some of the most informed awake people you could meet. They're people who are not brainwashed by the mass media. People who check out facts before they speak instead of believing everything they're told. ;)

And remember theres been plenty of conspiracy theories thats been proven as conspiracy facts.

IMO racism is dead. The boss of planet Earth is black (Obama), so there are no more barriers to break down, or at least only small ones. We will all be one race someday anyway, the sooner the better.

As I said already, Obama is a puppet. Hand picked by the real bosses.

You're probably right. Either way, he's the public face of the leader of the world, and he's black. Its a huge blow to racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You want proof? Well every species are divided into groups according to their genes. Some are similar, theres many types of monkeys for example. Theres different kinds of fish too. If I ask for a cod I don't expect to get a salmon. But according to you humans are all the same despite being so obviously different. As I said if you want to believe that do.

Actually all humans are genetically very similar. There's more genetic variance among chimpanzees then there is among humans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yes, I'm racist. Not towards every race though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not a racist but I sometimes have racist thoughts.

brummytom wrote: »
    Yes, I'm racist. Not towards every race though

Why are you a racist? Give us a breakdown of your logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I would, but boards isn't the best place for free speech. Put it this way, Birmingham is incredibly multi-cultural, different ethnic groups take over different areas, and to be honest, it just depresses me. Certain groups think they're above the law, and the police are too scared to do anything for fear of being labelled 'racist'. That sounds paranoid, but believe me, it's just the way it is here.

For what it's worth, I've no problem with any white or black groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jickeyswhop

im not racist i just hate nigerians:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 JayTi

I'm married to a chinese girl, my daughter is obviously mixed race - In my heart I would prefer her not to bring home a black guy - but shes only 3 so I dont have to worry for the moment - this probly make me selectivly racist.

brummytom wrote: »
    I would, but boards isn't the best place for free speech. Put it this way, Birmingham is incredibly multi-cultural, different ethnic groups take over different areas, and to be honest, it just depresses me. Certain groups think they're above the law, and the police are too scared to do anything for fear of being labelled 'racist'. That sounds paranoid, but believe me, it's just the way it is here.

For what it's worth, I've no problem with any white or black groups.

I see where you're coming from, but in fairness, is that a good reason to believe an entire race is inferior to yours? If undesireables take over an area and flout the law, then hate those individuals, not their race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not really.

Mostly when it comes to soccer, players like Drogba annoy me with their antics.

I'm sure most people would have screamed racist things during the infamous Ireland - France game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

thomas353 wrote: »
    with a name like killer wench i get the feeling your setting your self up for a fall, no such thing as racism, it not an actual living breathing thing that is followed, it an attitude, there are more people against vegetarians and vice versa, than there are against race, or people against big noses, tattoos and ear piercings, your creating a debate out of something purely etheric.

Well, there is such a thing as racism. I have experienced it. As have all members of my family.

Now, are you saying that in Ireland there are more people who are against vegetarians than there are against those of a non-White background?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Hey Killer Wench, i think you might find this article interesting

http://www.ucc.ie/publications/heeu/Minority/chiwangu.htm

It was written by one of my lecturers whos a social worker and lectures on both that and racism. Her family is from Nigeria and she lived here for like 30 years.

Yes,i'll be honest expect subtle racism, us Irish are cowards. They're won't be any White Power rallies, cause they're usually the ones wearing suits. For some reason racism, as long as its not overt, is accepted here-as you can see on boards. Its sick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Most Irish people are not racist but there are many that are directly or indirectly. Its very sad I know i shouldn't generalise but I do notice from my experience with french, italians, spanish, portugese and continental european people they seem generally accepting and open to new people, cultures and races. I notice that they treat them equally the same as their friends and talk to them normally. Well thats from my experience. I don't know why many Irish people are not like that.

Racism is sad and really stupid. Human beings are the most intelligent creature God made. Cattle in the fields can all live happily together all different colour coats and breeds but the most intelligent creature on the earth can't. Thanks be to God i am me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Racism is sad and really stupid. Human beings are the most intelligent creature God made. Cattle in the fields can all live happily together all different colour coats and breeds but the most intelligent creature on the earth can't. Thanks be to God i am me.
    uh oh..

Stop changing the subject. I said theres differences I didn't say anything about Whites being superior. .

I didn't change the subject. You stated that I couldn't say anyone is racist if I didn't believe in race, which is patent nonsense.

And I never said that you mentioned "whites" as being superior.
    If you want to bury your head in the sand an pretend there's no such thing as race then do. Do you realise how it makes you look?.

As you don't seem to be taking it in from me....
    Term once commonly used in physical anthropology to denote a division of humankind possessing traits that are transmissible by descent and sufficient to characterize it as a distinct human type (e.g., Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid).

Today the term has little scientific standing, as older methods of differentiation, including hair form and body measurement, have given way to the comparative analysis of DNA and gene frequencies relating to such factors as blood typing, the excretion of amino acids, and inherited enzyme deficiencies. Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race for the concept of the cline, a graded series of differences occurring along a line of enviromental or geographical transmission.
    http://www.britannica.com/bps/search?query=race
    You want proof? Well every (.....)believe that do. .

See above.
    Why would I be? .

You are clinging to 19th century notions. Thats the kind of thing racists do.
    See above..

That doesn't really answer as to your failure to provide even a hint of a source for this "white race" nonsense.
    No, I said they don't care about borders because they want cheap labour to make money. As always they'll throw one or two out so it looks like they're doing something...

You've no evidence for that whatsoever. Who are "they" supposed to be?

They're some of the most informed awake people you could meet.

Its very easy to be informed about a narrative you've constructed yourself. Add in a lack of adherence to facts and away ye go.

Who are the "real bosses"?

BickNarry wrote: »

It was written by one of my lecturers whos a social worker and lectures on both that and racism. Her family is from Nigeria and she lived here for like 30 years.

Yes,i'll be honest expect subtle racism, us Irish are cowards.

...the racist ones, at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Yes,i'll be honest expect subtle racism, us Irish are cowards. They're won't be any White Power rallies, cause they're usually the ones wearing suits. For some reason racism, as long as its not overt, is accepted here-as you can see on boards. Its sick.

This is a fantastic read. I appreciate it that you shared it.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Bick, could you clarify? In the article Paulina Chiwangu states:
    When one asks me to outline the position of minority ethnic groups in Ireland, to me it is the same as asking whether racism exists in Ireland or not! This is the question I have been facing for the six years that I have been in Ireland

The article has a reference to a 1996 paper, so something doesn't add up.

The reason I ask is because I'd say a lot in Ireland has changed since the paper was written.

• Advertisement

...the racist ones, at any rate.

Same with homophobes and sexists, you''ll never hear ''rivers of blood'' and such,its usually subtle or on the internet. I'd rather see some fella with a swastika on his face so i know hes a scumbag straight away,than someone like Nick Griffin just finding new ways to mask racism.

Bick, could you clarify? In the article Paulina Chiwangu states:

The article has a reference to a 1996 paper, so something doesn't add up.

The reason I ask is because I'd say a lot in Ireland has changed since the paper was written.

My bad, I meant 20 years not 30. She said to me she got Irish citizenship about 15/16 years ago but has lived here longer. Best lecturer I've had,

I didn't change the subject. You stated that I couldn't say anyone is racist if I didn't believe in race, which is patent nonsense.

And I never said that you mentioned "whites" as being superior.

Why is it nonsense? Theres clearly no such thing as race according to you so don't be calling people racist because theres no such thing. For you to class people racist is hypocritical.
    Nodin wrote:
    As you don't seem to be taking it in from me....
    http://www.britannica.com/bps/search?query=race

How about we take the word of the man who co discovered DNA. Nobel prize winning Dr James Watson. He tends to disagree with you and your PC link there.
    Nodin wrote:
    You are clinging to 19th century notions. Thats the kind of thing racists do.

I'm stating facts. I'm sorry to bother you with the news that race exists. I'm also sorry for you that you're in denial.
    Nodin wrote:
    That doesn't really answer as to your failure to provide even a hint of a source for this "white race" nonsense.

I did in my last post. Remember, all creatures are different. Theres different types of fish, different types of mammals, different types of monkeys, different types of insects and surprise surprise theres different types of Humans.
    Nodin wrote:
    You've no evidence for that whatsoever. Who are "they" supposed to be?

Who are the "real bosses"?

After doing a quick youtube search..

Media/political control

Malta fires at EU 'immigration policy'

Whats this argument about?

Race exists. Certain physical characteristics are attributed to different races which were formed through evolution (Such as Japanese having smaller eye lids to protect from sand etc.)

Racism is totally different, its attributing personality characteristics to different races such as low intelligence, poor hygiene etc.

There have been studies on race v's I.Q finding that Asians fare best and certain nomadic tribes having the lowest (due to a repetitive lifestyle where through evolution the brain was unchallenged and did not develop.)

Now, can ye drop it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Race is a fairly important issue for me. Let's say for the sake of argument that I, a white man, win gold in the 100-metre race and a black man wins silver. In the 200-metre race it's the other way round. The black man wins gold and I win silver. The question that I can't find an answer to is which of us is the better athlete? Or does it even make any difference?

• Advertisement

certain nomadic tribes having the lowest (due to a repetitive lifestyle where through evolution the brain was unchallenged and did not develop.)

Christ, I can see that one being cited in relation to propensity to leave litter around halting sites.

Nodin's point is that race (and I would add and highlight race and intelligence) is a social construct rather than a scientific one, and if any non-scientist disagrees with that, why not go and join the 84-plus pages of editorial discussion linked to the relevant locked Wikipedia page.

Modern scientific studies are all arguments against the kind of racist nonsense we've heard in the past.

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Race is a fairly important issue for me.

Hypothetical betting on swimming competitions aside, maybe you can explain that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

In all honesty, I don't think anyone can claim not to be racist, even to a small degree. We judge people, consciously and subconsciously, on our first impressions of them. How they dress, what their hair is like and yes, what colour their skin is. We notice things that are different from ourselves, things that are similar. We cannot help it. What matters is what you do with that information. If we see someone of a different race and assume that they are stupid/uneducated/dishonest, then that's racism. Realising that someone has a different skin colour to you is just observant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

DM addict wrote: »
    In all honesty, I don't think anyone can claim not to be racist, even to a small degree. We judge people, consciously and subconsciously, on our first impressions of them. How they dress, what their hair is like and yes, what colour their skin is. We notice things that are different from ourselves, things that are similar. We cannot help it. What matters is what you do with that information. If we see someone of a different race and assume that they are stupid/uneducated/dishonest, then that's racism. Realising that someone has a different skin colour to you is just observant.
    I think what many people who are saying they aren't racist are trying to get across, is that it isin't the race that they judge, but the individuals themselves. I was mugged a few years ago by a brazillian, not sure of his race as it was v dark, I hate him but i certainly didn't tar all brazillians with the same brush, which is what many people are doing.

DM addict wrote: »
    If we see someone of a different race and assume that they are stupid/uneducated/dishonest, then that's racism.

Correct, DM. But not everyone does, including - I suspect - yourself. Making assumptions about people is different to making assumptions about a race.

Why is it nonsense? Theres clearly no such thing as race according to you so don't be calling people racist because theres no such thing. For you to class people racist is hypocritical.

Not in the slightest, for reasons (I thought quite clearly) explained earlier.

How about we take the word of the man who co discovered DNA. Nobel prize winning Dr James Watson. He tends to disagree with you and your PC link there.

The appeal to authority eh? You'll find that the majority of the scientific disagree with Dr Watson on a number of grounds.

Ahh yes, poisoning the well - all the classics are out today, it seems. Please explain how the Encylopaedia Britannica is a "pc link", as well as exactly what a "pc link" is generally.

Also -

"Today the term has little scientific standing" - is this true or not?

" Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race " - is this true or not?
    I'm stating facts. I'm sorry to bother you with the news that race exists. I'm also sorry for you that you're in denial.

As pointed out above, it isn't really an accurate or useful term.
    I did in my last post. Remember, all creatures are different. Theres different types of fish, different types of mammals, different types of monkeys, different types of insects and surprise surprise theres different types of Humans.

Humans are so close as to be virtually identical.
    After doing a quick youtube search...

A video on youtube by a random nut is not evidence. How do I know he's a nut? I looked at his website. Of course America might launch a "Tesla attack" on Britain by the end of the month, but somehow I doubt it.

Likewise, and far better in many ways
    Wheee!!!!! wrote:
    The papal Bloodlines
    The true ruling elite bloodlines of the World. These being Farnese, Orsini, Breakspeare, Somaglia and Aldobrandini. Ancient bloodlines of Rome which practice to this day Zoroastrianism and Mithras. These are the grey Jesuits in control of the Society of Jesus from the shadows. No longer do they show their blood within the open Order as of times of old. They put front commoners in the positions of Black Pope and White Pope thus staying out of the peoples eyes. This is The Arcana Arcanorum Rite of Atlantis!!

http://z10.invisionfree.com/The_Unhived_Mind_II/index.php?act=idx

You have yet to provide any evidence for your claim of there being a "white race".

Not in the slightest, for reasons (I thought quite clearly) explained earlier.

They were your theories. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think you're in a minority if you think theres no such thing as race.
    Nodin wrote:
    The appeal to authority eh? You'll find that the majority of the scientific disagree with Dr Watson on a number of grounds.

Well I'm sure some might but he's the proven expert in the field so I'd rather listen to him than some random scientists.
    Nodin wrote:
    Ahh yes, poisoning the well - all the classics are out today, it seems. Please explain how the Encylopaedia Britannica is a "pc link", as well as exactly what a "pc link" is generally.

Also -

"Today the term has little scientific standing" - is this true or not?

" Because all human populations today are extremely similar genetically, most researchers have abandoned the concept of race " - is this true or not?

Human DNA is over 90% similar to Apes' DNA. Does that mean we're the same as Apes? Where do they draw the line? Or better still the real question is who decides where the line is drawn ie how many differening genes does it take to class something as being different. A large part of our DNA is also common to vegtables.

I wonder would those scientists back against a Black man of west African descent winning the olympic 100m gold medal. I bet they wouldn't put their money where their mouth is. By their logic their should be an equal chance of any race winning it but anyone with a brain cell knows better. If you want to continue believe that nonsense then be my guest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't like the Roma so I guess I am. I haven't come across any other group of people that annoy me the way they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm not racist but I hear them blacks get free socks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I love being racist.

Cant beat a good hate crime

• Advertisement

I love trolling.

Cant beat a good troll

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

people i have a problem with:

romas: most of them are beggars or thiefs
    black men: perverts (lol sorry but its my exp)
    muslim/arabs: my neigbour is muslim and he thinks its ok to cough hawk and spit on the street its disgusting i think its accepable to do that in their culture.. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

cat_dog wrote: »
    people i have a problem with:

romas: most of them are beggars or thiefs
    black men: perverts (lol sorry but its my exp)
    muslim/arabs: my neigbour is muslim and he thinks its ok to cough hawk and spit on the street its disgusting i think its accepable to do that in their culture.. :/

I think you're point is true about romas and black fellas. But the arabs are generally known to be clean (at least from what I've seen on documentaries). Are you sure you just haven't met bad people and not just bad arabs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I am but TBH the word "racist" and "racism" is very overused in this country.

FYP

How rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Who would throw a Paddy nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

How rude.

It means Fixed Your Post..

NoHornJan wrote: »
    Who would throw a Paddy nowadays?

What do you mean? Are you saying all Irish people are fat or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i like the comedic aspects.....but id happily give a job etc.. to any race.

• Advertisement

NoHornJan wrote: »
    It means Fixed Your Post..

I think he meant it as its other meaning 'Fukk you Paddy' which I find very offensive and racist and so I reported it.

Its in the hands of the power that be now and I hope then can find it in them to punish him. If he gets a site-ban thats too bad imo. Dont lash racism at someone and then cry because justice is served, thats all ill say on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement