Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2fm

• 11-09-2010 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Does anybody think 2fm is now a better station for 25-44 year olds with its new line up? I dont. Im a 37 yo female and the only show i would enjoy listening too is larry gogan's golden hour, i think tubridy is boring (i liked him years ago on the full irish) i know hector has not started yet but i cant stand him, colm hayes is just talking about the same tired topics. Damien who is on for an hour from 6-7am is dull

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    Does anybody think 2fm is now a better station for 25-44 year olds with its new line up? I dont. Im a 37 yo female and the only show i would enjoy listening too is larry gogan's golden hour, i think tubridy is boring (i liked him years ago on the full irish) i know hector has not started yet but i cant stand him, colm hayes is just talking about the same tired topics. Damien who is on for an hour from 6-7am is dull

Hayes doesn't seem too bad but we now have 4hours of Gerry Ryan :rolleyes: It will be interesting to hear how Hector gets on. 6 - 7 is always there to slowly wake you up or is that to put you back to sleep. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

I totally agree, 2FM seems to in a very confused place since the death of Gerry. They are aiming for 25-44 yet this morning Baz & Lucy were asking kids to ring to find out what they were doing for the day!!! I dont get the idea of putting Damian on for just an hour either. I also think that Colm Hayes will last longer than Tubridy in the morning talk show slot.

On another note has anybody else noticed that since Nova started 2FM seem to be playing more classic rock songs similar to Nova's playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Elmo wrote: »
    It will be interesting to hear how Hector gets on. :confused:

I'm thinking there might be a similar outcome to when Maxi took over from Ian Dempsey in the the late 80's.

Rubik. wrote: »
    I'm thinking there might be a similar outcome to when Maxi took over from Ian Dempsey in the the late 80's.

I like Maxi in the morning on Radio, not usually up that early. Why did she takeover from Ian Dempsey?

Why did she takeover from Ian Dempsey?

2fm was relaunched in '89, with Maxi as the breakfast show presenter. It might have been down to Dempsey finding presenting that show and The Den too much.

Anyway, Maxi wrecked the collective heads of the nation and in a matter of weeks Ian was brought back.

• Advertisement

Rubik. wrote: »
    2fm was relaunched in '89, with Maxi as the breakfast show presenter. It might have been down to Dempsey finding presenting that show and The Den too much.

Anyway, Maxi wrecked the collective heads of the nation and in a matter of weeks Ian was brought back.

I always thought Ian was still presenting the breakfast show until the mid 90's.

jvan wrote: »
    I always thought Ian was still presenting the breakfast show until the mid 90's.

Maxi only presented the show for a couple of weeks, it didn't work out so Ian came back.

Ah right, sorry Rubik, misread your other post:o.
    So RTE and 2FM have a habit of making bad decisions about who they think their audience like to hear.

Yeah and I think Hector is another bad decision waiting to happen.

I hope the current weekend breakfast show line-up follows the example lead by Maxi

• Advertisement

When did Theresa Lowe and Peter Collins present The Breakfast Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

When did Theresa Lowe and Peter Collins present The Breakfast Show.
    They only did the weekend breakfast show, it was back in 1990/91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I think 2FM is the worst station on the airwaves! It's dumbfounding how absolutely awful it is. I am referring specifically to the day-time programming. The music couldn't possibly be any worse.

They are saved at night-time by the holy trinity of Jenny Huston, Dan Hegarty, and Cormac Battle. It's like a completely different station when any of these three are on.

Supposed to be a 'national broadcaster'. It's just rubbish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Bootsy. wrote: »
    I think 2FM is the worst station on the airwaves! It's dumbfounding how absolutely awful it is. I am referring specifically to the day-time programming. The music couldn't possibly be any worse.

They are saved at night-time by the holy trinity of Jenny Huston, Dan Hegarty, and Cormac Battle. It's like a completely different station when any of these three are on.

Would the difference be that "the holy trinity" all did stints on Phantom FM during its pirate phase?

Here is a list of some of the people who have over the years presented the breakfast shows weekdays on RTE Radio 2/2FM, for short periods or otherwise:

Declan Meehan
    Scott Williams
    Ian Dempsey
    Maxi
    Gareth O'Callaghan
    Ryan Tubridy
    Rick O Shea and Ruth Scott (latter is current temporary presenter)
    Marty Whelan
    Colm Hayes and Jim-Jim Nugent

Can you think of anymore .... particularly during the '80s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Would the difference be that "the holy trinity" all did stints on Phantom FM during its pirate phase?

Here is a list of some of the people who have over the years presented the breakfast shows weekdays on RTE Radio 2/2FM, for short periods or otherwise:

Declan Meehan
    Scott Williams
    Ian Dempsey
    Maxi
    Gareth O'Callaghan
    Ryan Tubridy
    Rick O Shea and Ruth Scott (latter is current temporary presenter)
    Marty Whelan
    Colm Hayes and Jim-Jim Nugent

Can you think of anymore .... particularly during the '80s?

Damien McCaul, think he was in between Gareth and Tubbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I'd say the figures are going down fast for the morning. If Tubbs doesnt stop going on about twitter and books he'll have no-one listening by Christmas. And when that eejit from Naaaavan starts, it'll be the beginning of the end for 2fm. Who would want to listen to that clown shouting in your ear early in the morning? With his made up stories, bad jokes, havin the craic lads, and going on about "hawrse racin lads"
    Colm Hayes is alright except for his "bobeye bobeye"

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Caledonman

Bootsy. wrote: »

You are so right.... the crap starts at breakfast with paddy & ruth... he is so bad, and their banter is so bad, over the top.... Hector is coming in to help.. he will not do well at all... he is a one trick individual, and who could take him seriously talking about current affairs and newspapers in the morning?? He won't stick the early shift either.... Tubbridy is an absolute disaster, has no rapport with his audience.. too stiff, another gay byrne... needs to go back to rte1. 2fm will get absolutely hammered in the next JNLR, and they deserve it.... they need some new voices in there, completely new. The problem is they have too many on staff, overheads must be huge, a lot of overpaid fools in there that they seem to be stuck with.. a serious cull is needed...

Advertisement