Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klngon Opera

Options
  • 11-09-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

The first ever Klingon opera is under way in The Hague, Netherlands. The production at the Zeebelt Theatre is being performed entirely in Klingon by the Terran Research Ensemble.

The creators Marc Okrand and Floris Schonfeld explained why they thought it would be a success.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11265311

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nice find :pac: But I've seen more convincing Klingons in an episode of TOS :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

They do appear to be something they'd build on Blue Peter alright! Though considering the opera's budget and the lack of close-ups I'm sure they'll do just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Certainly true, and it's all authentic meaning the language is correct & the actual portrayals must be cannon too so hats off to them - I'd actually say it's a great laugh being there to see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hear the tickets are quite cheap...about a tenor.

:o

Advertisement