Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA Shops

• 11-09-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ive Got all my training gear (gloves, instep guards jockstrap etc) and i want to get shorts and tshirts hoodies and stuff. Anyone suggest any good Shops either in dublin or American shops that do delivery and can be trusted..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

fightshop.com
    mmawarehouse.com
    revgear.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

www.mmawarehouse.com
    Always used it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

http://www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie

(Irish owned) Never had a problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Marrkk

Thanks guys AndYeah i got training gear off ultimatemma.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

We have lots of new shorts in stock with much more to come this week. 10% discount for all online sales plus speedy delivery.

www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie

or call us on 0862245559.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What are the shipping costs like from MMAWarehouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Marrkk

US Express Mail International $47.00
    US Priority mail international $37.15
    Fairly Steep :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

I recently got 3 t-shirts from www.cagesidemma.com - shipping for the 3 was about $16.00, I requested that the declared value be...ahem...minimal so I wouldn't have to pay too much import duty or VAT and they marked the value to below the €22.00 threshold. All in all, 3 t-shirts (2 x Bad Boy and 1 x Tapout) and shipping for about €52.00. Shipping took a week by standard USPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chickylicky

Check out a guy called Gary...email address funkytshirts@live.ie for all promotional/Training/Club tshirts, hoodies, training tops etc. We used him before and worked out great, cheap and quality was great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Any shops in dublin for those who arent credit card friendly?
    I prefer to use cash or a gun(joke!) lol
    Oh on the topic of shopping for mma gear do i need a groin guard for bjj beginners or is that going overboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Torakx wrote: »
    Oh on the topic of shopping for mma gear do i need a groin guard for bjj beginners or is that going overboard?

It wouldn't be a necessity (in fact they're illegal in BJJ competition). It'd do no harm if you have the cash, especially if you're training with other beginners.

Thanks,didnt know they were banned in some competitions!.
    I found as a beginner in a trial class that practising a rear naked choke was literally a pain in the balls lol

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Thanks,didnt know they were banned in some competitions!.
    I found as a beginner in a trial class that practising a rear naked choke was literally a pain in the balls lol
    If you have long legs, armbars are the worst... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

In my very first class I got the balls squashed off me! Wasn't very pleasant!

Groin Guard FTW!

Ok so i wont be looked at weird if im wearing one? i basically want to know whats the average person do in that situation? its not like i can grab all the lads in the gym to check haha

Still curious also if anyone knows about some decent mma shops around dublin city.
    Also there was some site i got linked to from mma-core website that had free shipping on alot of items.mma shorts 59 dollars free shipping for example.Then again maybe thats USA only,i never checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Lol don't worry, some people wear them, others don't. If you end up doing some striking at some stage you'll definitely need one.

My best recommendation for training gear for a beginner is Penny's - shorts and a t-shirt for a tenner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clive wrote: »

My best recommendation for training gear for a beginner is Penny's - shorts and a t-shirt for a tenner!

+1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Any shops in dublin for those who arent credit card friendly?
    I prefer to use cash or a gun(joke!) lol

We have basic groin guards for 10 euro (black or white), we also stock Shock Doctor supporters and Shock Doctor black shorts with cup.... cash will do fine :) have a goo at our site to see where we are: www.defendu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Lol don't worry, some people wear them, others don't. If you end up doing some striking at some stage you'll definitely need one.

at one stage they were selling rash guards for about 8e.

Penny's can be great at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ok so i wont be looked at weird if im wearing one? i basically want to know whats the average person do in that situation?

If your doing BJJ, its up to you really.
    If you are training MMA, you need one.

I kinda assume anyone posting here is training MMA and not BJJ

• Advertisement

I just remembered.. I have a photo of me and karl Roche sparring while I'm wearing some Pennys lounge wear!.

Karl would have me shot if I put up the photos, anyone want me shot?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I just remembered.. I have a photo of me and karl Roche sparring while I'm wearing some Pennys lounge wear!.

Karl would have me shot if I put up the photos, anyone want me shot?.

Was it a onesy?

Was it a onesy?

You just wanna see get owned in my PJ's :o

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

I just ordered 2 pairs of shorts from mmafightwear.net tonight.
    sprawl gripflex for £25 and jaco resurgence for £19.99

They have a few decent pairs a lot cheaper than most places and free delivery if you have a northern address. the rest of their stuff isn't too bad either.

I'll let you know how speedy the delivery was when i get them

Advertisement