Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League chit-chat and scores

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    JOE HART GOALKEEPING SUPERSTAR. BUT GIVEN IS BAD AT CROSSES!!!!! :rolleyes:

:confused: He is bad at crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Chris Samba was just awesome today and Paul Robinson had a great game as well. For City and despite the fact that they had lots of chances I thought Kompany had a fantastic game.

And on my commentary beef, you heard it all there. It did look to me like a penalty when Johnson went down but the ref waved it away and the commentators say it was a certain penalty. I just don't know how they can be so certain about that and not be 100% certain about Joe Hart's foul on Kalinic in the first half which was so blatant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Shay Given feigns dismay at City conceding

Shay-Given-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Blackpool fourth in the table!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: He is bad at crosses.

He's still the better overall goalkeeping package though. Don't worry, you'll learn as the season progresses. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's still the better overall goalkeeping package though. Don't worry, you'll learn as the season progresses. ;)

Hart deserves his chance and bar that mistake has been excellent this season.

One mistake does not a bad keeper make. If it did then Pepe and his two so far this season would be fecked ;)

Again, as I say, the mistakes will tally up over the coming weeks and months. No matter, the center back position is an even bigger problem for that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Hart finaly made a mistake... Prepare for the onslaught!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are Blackpool this seasons Wigan, Hull, Ipswich etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Again, as I say, the mistakes will tally up over the coming weeks and months. No matter, the center back position is an even bigger problem for that team.

Its how Hart reacts now is the big question. An experienced keeper like Van der Sar or dare I say it, Given has seen and done enough over his career to leave a howler behind him, while a young lad who has never really faced anything like this before could easily dwell upon it and let it destroy his confidence.

Goalkeeping mistakes will happene absolutely everyone, its how you bounce back that seperates the top drawer ones from the wannabes. Unfortunately for Hart, he's English and has been recently proclaimed the Messiah by the media, so it will be even harder for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Home record gone.

Doesn't get any easier with Everton next week. :(

mike65 wrote: »

Squad depth is going to kill them stone dead. But they've already shown enough to indicate that they'll make a fight of staying up at the very least.

mike65 wrote: »

Its still early enough for them to be just as easily this season's Burnley tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its how Hart reacts now is the big question. An experienced keeper like Van der Sar or dare I say it, Given has seen and done enough over his career to leave a howler behind him, while a young lad who has never really faced anything like this before could easily dwell upon it and let it destroy his confidence.

Goalkeeping mistakes will happene absolutely everyone, its how you bounce back that seperates the top drawer ones from the wannabes. Unfortunately for Hart, he's English and has been recently proclaimed the Messiah by the media, so it will be even harder for him.
    Its not his first howler, he had a couple before for City and for Birmingham too.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its not his first howler, he had a couple before for City and for Birmingham too.

Its his first since he bacme undisputably City's No. 1 and Englands' No.1 - the first since theglare of the spotlight has been turned so squarely on him. And it was a desperately bad howler to boot. The tabloids will love it. It remains to be seen has he the stuff to bounce back, as I said, errors for every keeper are inevitable and are a side issue to how he deals with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hart is a good keeper, but it will be interesting to see how this one hits him, lets face it, it was a complete howler - not the sort out of bad luck etc,

On a side note he could learn a thing or two about delivery from Robinson, just watching today Robinson is highly successful in finding his own man from kickouts and long punts, Hart is less than 50% or so from what i have seen of him this season. For me that is the main area of his game he needs to work on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Zamora has broken his leg. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Johner wrote: »
    Zamora has broken his leg. :(

Poor ****er, hope it's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Bobby Zamora has broken his right leg just above the right ankle and Fulham boss Mark Hughes says he is out for a minimum of four months. Really unfortunate news for Fulham.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Johner wrote: »
    Hart deserves his chance and bar that mistake has been excellent this season.
    It's been 4 games?

I don't understand how people say this season, only 4 games in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Blackpool for the Champions league!

good win for them today over Newcastle ruined my football bets though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It's been 4 games?

I don't understand how people say this season, only 4 games in.

Well they are not going to say last season when the 4 games were this season,

However old the season may be, 1 game, 10 games, 30 games, it is still this season,

Nothing wrong with saying it at all really.

Having no 5.30pm game again sucks the fat one.

Having no 5.30pm game again sucks the fat one.

Meh, real sport started in the last hour.

Nadal v Youzhny yeah?

Nadal v Youzhny yeah?
    Noooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Blackpool for the Champions league!

good win for them today over Newcastle ruined my football bets though :(

Shows how unpredictable the league has been so far (bar Chelski), I still think they're candidates for relegation, probably along with Necastle.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Watching Georgia @ South Carolina. Brilliant to see a game where you know not one of them is a hideously overpaid prima dona.

I'll keep my mouth shut during the USC game later though.

Oooooh, controversial! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Really disappointed with our start to the season we just aren't getting the rub of the green I thought there were good cases for penalties in both today's match and the city game but we seem so blunt in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Miami/Ohio swiftly followed by Penn/Alabama with a Sky+'d MotD after makes for a Saturday Night Sporting Orgasm.

Zamora broken ankle.

Out for 4 months at least
    Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is facing at least a four-month lay-off after sustaining a broken ankle in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Wolves.
    Zamora suffered the damage to his right leg during a hard challenge from Wolves skipper Karl Henry and received oxygen before being carried off on a stretcher and taken to hospital.
    Fulham manager Mark Hughes revealed that he could be out for longer if surgery reveals further damage, and said: "If the injury is as we think it is, it's likely to be four months. If the surgeon goes in and finds other damage rather than just the break, which is four centimetres above his ankle, it will be even longer than that. The four months looks like a minimum."
    Hughes remonstrated with referee Phil Dowd on the pitch after the half-time whistle had blown but later conceded Henry's tackle was not malicious.
    "It's a shame but I don't really lay the blame on the player (Henry). It's one of those," said Hughes.
    "There's always a danger if you get tackled from the side or from behind that players' legs can get trapped.
    "I don't think there was any intent to hurt Bobby. You don't expect the circumstances of the injury to be the result of a challenge like that, but it can happen.
    "At the time I was a little bit disappointed that the referee didn't view it as a foul, but there you go."

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/broken-ankle-for-zamora-2334417.html

I thought you meant the U-21 hurling.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's bad news about Zamora, alway hate to hear stuff like that. He's been playing so well the past year or so as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Arsenals last goal is taking the piss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Arsenals last goal is taking the piss :D

I know, horrible wasn't it? Just hoofing it up to Vela like that................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

monkey9 wrote: »
    I know, horrible wasn't it? Just hoofing it up to Vela like that................

yeah...............no complete opposite.

ohhh Zamoras ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Awful goal to concede. Really poor from the wall.

Advertisement