Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline Phone Problem

Options
  • 11-09-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Well I was told this was the best place to look for help for this problem..

Well basically we have 2 connection points for the phone in our house - one upstairs and one downstairs.... the downstairs line is also used for the broadband connection if that could make any differnce...

We have 2 phones - a pretty old one and a newer one....

This set up has been working perfectly for years now but there yesterday morning the new phone downstairs stopped working properly...

Well basically the problem is - the new phone will not work properly at all downstairs but it works perfectly upstairs...

but there's no problem with the line downstairs because the old phone works perfectly on both lines.....

I can't understand why the phone wouldn't work on one particular line but works perfecly on the other....

The problem is that that when you ring the phone it rings for about half a second and then the phone answers itself basically...
    Then more times than not even with the handle put down the phone always comes up as engaged or "user busy" when I ring it off a mobile...
    And then any time I do get through the person on the mobile can't hear anything but the person using the phone itself can hear everything perfectly clear :confused::confused:

What really has me confused is that this new phone works perfectly if you have it upstairs and that the old phone works perfecly on the downstairs line :confused:

I just can't make any sense of it at all tbh

does anyone have any idea what could be the problem with this phone and why it will only work on the one line and not the other :confused:

Advertisement